1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Twilight Time, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Bernard McNair

Bernard McNair Second Unit

Bernard McNair
    I have ordered The Eye of the Needle and From Noon Till Three. Looking forward to their release for an excellent evening's viewing.

2. Quatermass II

Quatermass II Stunt Coordinator

John Hayes
    Eye Of The Needle will be one for me, I think. A great little thriller with a terrific Miklos Rozsa score.

atfree likes this.
  3. Message #1343 of 3780 Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    benbess

benbess Producer

Ben
    Any chance TT could do a release of the 1939 classic The Rains Came, starring Tyrone Power and Myrna Loy? It's better than The Rains of Ranchipur imho....

[​IMG]

Eric Vedowski and RMajidi like this.
  4. albert_m2

albert_m2 Second Unit

Albert
    I find it a little odd that Sleepless in Seattle was ever one of their titles. I remember it be pretty successful and popular. I suppose you could say the same for some other titles like 9 to 5, but Sleepless only goes back to the 90s.

DavidJ and ahollis like this.
  5. benbess

benbess Producer

Ben
    Today on TT's facebook page I suggested The Age of Innocence, Scorsese's wonderful adaptation of Edith Wharton's novel. They "liked" the suggestion, which perhaps means they already had it in mind? Hope so.++

Dee Zee likes this.
  6. Message #1346 of 3780 Sep 11, 2016
    Paul Rossen

Paul Rossen Supporting Actor

I've asked TT a number of times concerning The Age Of Innocence without really getting any answers. 'Rumor' had it with Criterion but if TT gets it that's ok too.. The film went through a full restoration a few years ago that should make any forthcoming Blu Ray a huge improvement over the DVD.

TT has released such Sony/Columbia classics as Oliver, Remains of the Day, A Man For All Seasons as well as Sense and Sensibility. All films I would have thought that Sony would release themselves. Thus, it is highly possible(likely) that TT would be getting Age of Innocence.

benbess likes this.
  7. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    I hope I'm not telling tales out of school ...

but the SAE TT 7 for $70.00 bundle sale has been updated ...
    American Buffalo has been included until September 12 (after which all the remaining copies will have to be destroyed :( )... while IT is not discounted further ... can be added to six other titles to complete a seven title package ...

http://www4.screenarchives.com/bundle.cfm

benbess likes this.
  8. benbess

benbess Producer

Ben
    There's a rumor that TT might be negotiating with Paramount to see if they can release one or more of their titles. Just to waste time I'll suggest a few favorites from Paramount from the late 1940s and early 1950s. Isn't the pre-1948 Paramount catalog owned by someone else--Universal, maybe? Anyway, here are some good (imho) titles from Paramount from long, long ago....

The Heiress, 1949
    The Furies, 1950
    A Place in the Sun, 1951
    When Worlds Collide, 1951
    The Greatest Show on Earth, 1952
    The War of the Worlds, 1953
    Roman Holiday, 1953

Jack K and Bob Cashill like this.
  9. Message #1349 of 3780 Sep 11, 2016
    Paul Rossen

Paul Rossen Supporting Actor

The Heiress is a tremendous movie and has become one of my favorites of all time. Would look forward to any future Blu Ray. Would really love it if Aaron Copland's grand score was fully reinstated.

That stated all of these films are worthy of Blu ray upgrades.

Jack K and benbess like this.
  10. BRAD1963

BRAD1963 Supporting Actor

BRAD
    The Heiress is owned by Universal now. The Furies is with Criterion only on DVD at the moment, but I am sure a Blu-ray will appear at some point. Once the deal with WB ends this year nobody knows what will happen to the catalog library. Paramount may just keep certain titles in print and could license a majority of titles to other labels. My guess is that certain titles like A Place in the Sun, The Miracle of Morgan's Creek, Roman Holiday and War of the Worlds may be enticing to Criterion. There are certainly enough titles to go around and it will be interesting to see what happens next year.

benbess and Jack K like this.
  11. benbess

benbess Producer

Ben
    Are most pre-1950 Paramount titles owned by Universal?

12. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    Yes.

benbess likes this.
  13. Virgoan

Virgoan Supporting Actor

Ron Pulliam
    Oh, Nick, may I recommend consideration of "With A Song in My Heart" for a BD release? I know Fox issued it on DVD, but it's a beaut of a film and could stand a classy presentation. I wonder if you could team up with someone to get an isolated score on both the BD and as a CD release?

Twilight Time and ahollis like this.
  14. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    Being released as a DVD by FOX would not preclude TT from releasing it ... as they released Stormy Weather unfortunately with the same commentary but with superior Image and Sound

benbess and Virgoan like this.
  15. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Second Unit

Tom
    I hope I'm not repeating myself but John Boorman's Hope and Glory would be a great film for TT to reissue. Lovely film.

And I agree Age of Innocence would be a welcome blu-ray.

16. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer

David
    :( I thought today was the last day to get it. I didn't realize until I checked this thread that it was yesterday.

17. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    When it comes to TT, there is an 11th Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Wait ... Lest Thy choice be NO LONGER AVAILABLE ... :excl:

skylark68 likes this.
  18. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer

David
    I had a reminder set in my phone and everything. Just set it for the wrong day. Was going to buy this weekend, but took ill.

19. Twilight Time

Twilight Time Insider
    Insider

Twilight Time
    This Wednesday, 14th Sept, don't miss our next signing promotion - at www.twilighttimemovies.com - 100 copies of CAT BALLOU signed by Elliot Silverstein - offered FREE with the qualifying purchase of a minimum $119.80 - promotion goes "live" at 4 pm EST. Just add at least $119.80 to your cart and the FREE signed Cat Ballou will automatically be added when "live". Please note that just having it in your cart doesn't guarantee you will get one. Only the first 100 customers who complete the checkout process will receive a copy - good luck!

benbess and Dee Zee like this.
  20. benbess

benbess Producer

Ben
    Another fan of Hope and Glory here!++

I've been buying lots and lots of TT blu-rays lately—about half on sale and about half full price. I've doubled my TT collection, and in the process lightened my wallet quite a bit. But I have been treating myself to a few movies a week at home, which is a real treat. Many of these are blind buys for me, which makes it extra special because they are just completely new.

Julie Kirgo's liner notes, which I usually read right after I've watched the blu-ray, really add a big layer of chocolate frosting enjoyment to these titles for me.

I like movies from all eras, but I especially appreciate pre-1970 titles, and by buying titles from the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s I hope to encourage more from those decades.