The Twilight Time News and Info Thread

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
They are still selling the cases and some non-Twilight Time titles. Surprised they haven't just closed the whole store down at this point.

In other news, my June 1 order which was expected to ship by July 7 has not shipped yet, so they are working at least slightly behind their estimates. This isn't a complaint, but an observation.

24fpsNinja

Stunt Coordinator
Premium
Real Name
Rob
With shipping it's like $3 per case. If I was going to replace mine, I'd just go with the normal Clear Viva Elite cases and get them for 0.70 ea from casetopia or similar. If the logo bothered me, a little GoofOff should fix it right up -- I accidentally erased some Bluray Logos with that stuff experimenting with the best way to get sticker glue off the cases,
I got the 96 limit for $75.00 so roughly .75 each if buying in bulk.

Reactions: Detour (1945)

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Does that include shipping? I thought that was the whole problem with the TTM Cases
I can't speak for Bob, but I doubt it.

When I bought two cases from TTM last week, the item total was $1, and the cheapest shipping option was $5.93. Granted, that wasn't a bulk order, but still.

Peter Yee

Stunt Coordinator
Premium
I asked this question in another thread about Twilight Time, but I'll ask here: where on their website do you find the high-resolution artwork for download? This is supposed to be available through July 20th. When I look at individual titles, all I see is the usual not-particularly-high-resolution artwork. Obviously, I'm missing something.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I asked this question in another thread about Twilight Time, but I'll ask here: where on their website do you find the high-resolution artwork for download? This is supposed to be available through July 20th. When I look at individual titles, all I see is the usual not-particularly-high-resolution artwork. Obviously, I'm missing something.
image001.png

Peter Yee

Stunt Coordinator
Premium
I'm going to have to go with Burns581 on that. I've looked at some of my purchases in the Twilight Time Archive section and nothing is high resolution about the images. It looks like that section just lists discs that were previously available. Perhaps I'm not understanding the pointer to the archive?

Reactions: Peter Keller

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
For anyone else curious to track Twilight Time's shipment progress, my order #79120 placed on June 1 just shipped.

This is my final order with discs in it. I have another one from June 30 with just replacement cases, which will probably be a while yet, but that's fine.

Edit: Tracking information has shown up and indicates that the expected delivery date is Tuesday. I will say this much for Twilight Time. Even though it took a long time to ship, once they get it out, therir packages move quickly to the destination. I would've liked to pay less in shipping, but it's ultimately fine because I can't argue with the speed in which they arrive once they've left the warehouse.

Last edited:

David Norman

Lead Actor
Premium
FWIW: For a while during the Clearance Sale both LONG, HOT SUMMER, THE (1958) and HOT ROCK, THE (1972)
were listed temporarily OOS after being presumed SOLD OUT. LHS returned a couple weeks ago and I just noticed THE HOT ROCK is now back in stock at SAE

jayembee

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry
By the way, earlier in the week, I noticed that the TT list at SAE had gone up from 192 to 194. After a day or two, it went down to 193. I wasn't able, with a cursory look, to tell what two titles they added, and which one they removed. Would those two titles be the culprits?

David Norman

Lead Actor
Premium
By the way, earlier in the week, I noticed that the TT list at SAE had gone up from 192 to 194. After a day or two, it went down to 193. I wasn't able, with a cursory look, to tell what two titles they added, and which one they removed. Would those two titles be the culprits?
Hot Rock would have been one of them, but Long Hot Summer was part of the 192 number. I'm not sure what else would have been 194. I didn't notice a new item, but I haven't checked religiously since the sale ended

I just compared the current list with one I have saved from near the beginning of March with 220 items and nothing extra is showing up now. The only items missing are those that SOLD OUT during the sale. I'm not sure if a few units of one of the SOLD OUT came back or maybe one of the transferred TTM inventory non TT items was (mis) categorized temporarily. One of these days I guess they'll get Sunshine, Holiday in Spain, TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: KA SHEN'S JOURNEY DVD out of the TT list

Last edited:
Reactions: jayembee

Peter Yee

Stunt Coordinator
Premium
I contacted Twilight Time support. Randy got back to me and let me know that, indeed, the Twilight Time Archives is where you look for high-resolution artwork. But, he says, "We never carried the full catalog since we started selling titles in 2015. We carried a limited number of titles released prior to that and were limited as to what images were available for those products. For products released after that, we started with high resolution artwork, but are unable to provide anything higher than what is on our site due to limitations of our platform. As it is, we have spent several hours making what we have available, mostly at your request. We have no plans to make anything else available at this time."

I went through the archives looking at titles I had purchased. Most were in ~500x650 resolution. The only one I found in nearly double that resolution was "Next Stop, Greenwich Village". Of the couple of dozen others I checked, none were in high resolution. I guess I'll be sourcing much of the artwork from other repositories.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Keller

Peter Yee

Stunt Coordinator
Premium
That would be great, but I'd really hate to bother them given how busy they are shipping all of the final orders. Perhaps after this is all over?

David Norman

Lead Actor
Premium
That would be great, but I'd really hate to bother them given how busy they are shipping all of the final orders. Perhaps after this is all over?
I don't think the office/admin people are busy at all shipping the discs, just the warehouse folks who technically aren't part of TT.

OTOH not sure how busy they are just getting all the legal stuff done to shut down completely

ManW_TheUncool

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Finally received my TT order placed on May 14 last Friday, one must have patience.
Hope mine doesn't take that long... or I'm looking at end-of-summer arrival... :oops: but actually, I'm ok w/ that under the circumstance -- my plate and backlog are very full as is -- although it'd be good to get some updates if it's gonna be that long...

_Man_

Reactions: PMF

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkMcough