The Twilight Time News and Info Thread

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Senior HTF Member
The email I received said that a shipment of that title was mistakenly entered twice into the inventory system, so they thought they had more copies on hand than they actually did. Not that they shipped a bunch of copies to SA without fulfilling their own orders.

From Ron's email above, it sounds like SA and TT replenish their own stock separately. There's no shipping of inventory back and forth between SA and TT.
Yeah, my previous post probably wasn't fair. I get that mistakes happen and that these are very unusual times.

I was just venting frustration that the title I was most excited about wasn't coming. I did reorder it from Screen Archives, but with the shipping cost it will end up being twice what it would have cost me from Twilight Time.

• Sad
Reactions: Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I was just venting frustration that the title I was most excited about wasn't coming. I did reorder it from Screen Archives, but with the shipping cost it will end up being twice what it would have cost me from Twilight Time.
I got Suddenly, Last Summer from Twilight Time a while ago when they were shipping out smaller orders first, instead of going in chronological order by date received. That worked out for me, because I ordered mine after you ordered yours, so technically my copy should have gone to you if they had realized earlier that they were short stock. Obviously I'm not sorry that I have it, but I am sorry that you don't.

I don't mean to brag, even though it sounds like that's what I mean. The reason I bring this up is because I can tell you that the disc is wonderful. It looks great and you'll be very satisfied when you get it. Paying more sucks, but you'll still be enjoying the disc long after you've forgotten how much you paid for it.

A few years ago, I extremely overpaid for a rare exclusive poster that was difficult to obtain. Shipping was more than the cost of the poster. After waiting for months for one of my regular websites to get it in, when I believed they wouldn't, I paid a lot more from a site I don't usually use because I really wanted it. Then the place I had gone to in the first place got it in a couple months later for less money, and their shipping was less too. I found this annoying at the time because I ended up paying about twice as much as I should have to get the same thing.

But I still got it. The poster has now been framed on my wall for a long time, and I look at it all the time; I'm looking at it right now as I type this. I hadn't thought about overpaying for it in a couple of years, until your post reminded me of the annoyance because you're going through a similar experience with Suddenly Last Summer. Would I have liked to pay less for it? Sure. But in the end I still got it, I'm still enjoying it and at this point it doesn't matter what I spent on it a few years ago.

Hopefully you'll get to that point with Suddenly Last Summer, where you're just able to enjoy the disc, which is great, and not be too bummed about the rest.

Mike Frezon

Oh well. I was gonna offer to let you borrtow mine when you were jonesing to watch it, Adam. :D

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Senior HTF Member
Now here's the real kicker: After all of that, my Twilight Time order shipped with Suddenly, Last Summer apparently included. Either I must have gotten one of the very last copies, or they just haven't updated the list of items in the order.

I can't cancel my Screen Archives order, so if someone's looking for a copy I'll be willing to sell the second copy at cost.

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I heard back from Twilight Time about whether or not they could add two empty cases to my pending order. They can't, because "it requires too many manual adjustments which aren't possible to do under the current shipping conditions." That's fair. But that means if I want the two clear cases to make my whole collection uniform, the total cost would be $6.93, including $5.93 shipping, for two cases that together are $1 worth of merchandise.

Last edited:

Adam Gregorich

Owner
Owner
Real Name
Adam
Now here's the real kicker: After all of that, my Twilight Time order shipped with Suddenly, Last Summer apparently included. Either I must have gotten one of the very last copies, or they just haven't updated the list of items in the order.

I can't cancel my Screen Archives order, so if someone's looking for a copy I'll be willing to sell the second copy at cost.
I don’t think so. The way I read the email is they are shipping orders without and are in the process of crediting the title/removing it from your order. Rather than wait to ship your order until after they finished the paperwork, they just got it out the door and are working through the orders crediting the title. Keep your SAE copy as I bet you will hear from TT in the next 24-48 hours crediting that title.

Garysb

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Already active:
1940s Musical Bundle: Get Alice Faye in Hello, Frisco, Hello, and Betty Grable in Mother Wore Tights and Pin Up Girl for the bundle price of $21 when you purchase all three.

Twilight Time has set up the previously sold out discs on its website. The "Add To Cart" button is missing as of this writing but the prices are listed. Most are $29.95 each.

Some items that were sold out are available again and available now. Forever Amber, Husbands and Wives, and Dragonwyck are $11.95 each. There may be others. These may be cancelled orders or found inventory and not part of the deal that starts at 1 PM today . They are in the regular listings and not the "going fast" one.

If you buy 10 for $100, the 1940s Musical Bundle can be included in the 10. The $11.95 titles get repriced to $10 each and the Musical Bundle films get priced to $5.15 each. The discount is allocated over all items in your cart. If you add an 11th item the discount for the individual items in your cart will be less. Add 20 items the discount for each item goes back to what it was when 10 items were in your cart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Detour (1945)

Quatermass II

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hayes
Not a happy camper. Not only have I been waiting patiently for 50 days for my order to ship, but now I'm told that Suddenly, Last Summer -- the title I was most looking forward to -- isn't being included in my order. Screen Archives should have never been provided stock if they didn't have enough inventory to fufill their own orders.
If it's any help, the Indicator/Powerhouse release in the UK plays in regions A.B and C - and also comes with a 40 page booklet.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I had Cat Ballou in my cart but when I checked out, they fucked me over and said it was out of stock. I didn't particularly "need" that movie but if it's in my cart, I should have gotten it. That being said, what am I going to do, boycott them?

This happens with Funko collectibles all the time.

It's in your cart, but a whole bunch of other people's carts too. The first person who checks out gets it.

So, if you are mulling around looking for other titles, someone else has checked out with your title.

Garysb

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Not surprising that I missed out on the ones I wanted. In cart but got error messages when I tried to check out. In cart does not guarantee you will get item. Whoever checks out first gets the item. I wasn't fast enough.

Wasn't fast enough with this post ether. Ron already stated what I did. If Screen Archives eventually has a similar sale, I will have to go into training.

SONY has released several Twilight Time exclusives once the license expired. MGM has licensed some of the Twilight Time titles to KINO. Always possible they will again with some of these titles once Screen Archives exclusive license ends. Fox licensed "Leave Her To Heaven " to Criterion. In addition some Fox titles are available internationally, like "Two For The Road"

Last edited:

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
I know you guys are right and have bought hundreds of limited edition products over the years but I've never gotten something in my cart the literal moment it became available and not actually have been able to buy it. Once again, I'm not that concerned about having the movie but I still think it sucks.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Like Paul, I had 9 to 5. I also had St. Valentine's Day Massacre. Within just a few seconds of putting them in my cart and then going to check out, they went away. Ugh.

At least I was still able to grab Audrey Rose and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. I also got 2 that weren't in the "brought back" section - Baby the Rain Must Fall and The Snake Pit. Plus I got the new Africa Screams separate from the TT-produced items. Not that I needed any of these as none were ever must-haves, but figured I would put in this one final order.

If I'd really needed 9 to 5, I had plenty of time in the past. I think SVDM sold out before I even started buying TT items a few years ago (I could be wrong on that), so that's the one I was really wanting the most today, but I'm still satisfied with what I've gotten just now.

Reactions: TravisR

JoelA

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
And I was able to purchase what I wanted including the 40's musicals bundle. Based on reviews of the PQ I had no interest in buying these titles at full price, but $7.00 a piece is a no-brainer even for a bit less than top-notch quality. I'm sure that since Disney now owns Fox we won't see anything better.

Reactions: Detour (1945)

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kitchenknives