The Twilight Time News and Info Thread

PMF

Cinematographer
Supporter
Real Name
Philip
You were missing one of the "T"s in twilighttime.
Now that’s a funny and brilliant catch, Mr. Z
Duh! Well, there you go! Excuse me while I wipe the egg off my face.:D
You mean egg and shell.
Of all the HTF members; I mean, good sir, I do believe that the very same initials of TT also belong to you.:lol:

Last edited:

JoshZ

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Duh! Well, there you go! Excuse me while I wipe the egg off my face.:D
Now that’s a funny and brilliant catch, Mr. Z

You mean egg and shell.
Of all the HTF members; I mean, good sir, I do believe that TT are the very same initials belonging to you, as well.:lol:
I can't tell you the number of times I've also typed it wrong when trying to go to that site. The fingers just seem to want to spell it "twilightime."

Conversely, I often wind up adding an extra "H" when I type the word "threshold."

• Haha
  • Insightful
Reactions: Stephen_J_H and PMF

jayembee

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry
I can't tell you the number of times I've also typed it wrong when trying to go to that site. The fingers just seem to want to spell it "twilightime."
That's why I have it bookmarked. So I don't have to keep typing it in.:huh:

By the way, Josh, hi! It's been a while. I don't know if you remember me from the long ago days of the rec.video newsgroups.

Reactions: JoshZ and B-ROLL

Adam Gregorich

Owner
Owner
Real Name
Adam
What specifically does LOW QUANTITY mean from SAE? Anastasia has been listed as LOW QUANTITY since at least the start of their sale in March, but I was able to buy two of them, one in March and one last week, and it's not out of stock yet.
I'm not sure about SAE. I asked once at TTM and they said it meant fewer than 500 copies were left between both sites. The catch was they had to wait to hear from from Nick or Brian at TT because they didn't have access to SAEs sales/inventory numbers and visa versa.

• Insightful
Reactions: PMF and Jake Lipson

PMF

Cinematographer
Supporter
Real Name
Philip
Could anyone who has used the TT “Wish-List” option explain to me how it works? Currently, I have a final order in the works. All items are now in the cart, with the exception of “You Only Live Once”, which is still pictured on the TT web page, but is without the grey rectangular “Add to Cart” icon. For the moment, I have cited this title by writing it in to the “Wish-List” section, but am uncertain what happens thereafter.

Last edited:

jayembee

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry
Could anyone who has used the TT “Wish-List” option explain to me how it works? Currently, I have a final order in the works. All items are now in the cart, with the exception of “You Only Live Once”, which is still pictured on the TT web page, but is without the grey rectangular “Add to Cart” icon. For the moment, I have cited this title by writing it in to the “Wish-List” section, but am uncertain what happens thereafter.
To be honest, I've never used the Wish List at TTM. I would, however, assume that it works as such does at other vendors. It's basically a "these are films I want to buy but not right now, so I'm putting them in this list so I don't have to go looking for them when I'm ready to buy". What it doesn't do is prevent someone else from buying a title out from under you.

As for You Only Live Once -- which is, I should point out, not a Twilight Time title, but is from ClassicFlix, and is readily available from other vendors, including ClassicFlix itself: https://www.classicflix.com/products/copy-of-you-only-live-once -- or any other title without an "Add to Cart" button...

Those titles are not available to buy anymore. TTM seems to be having an issue with "phantom" (i.e. sold out) titles getting re-added to the sale pages, albeit without an ATC button. At one point, these phantom titles disappeared, and then later reappeared.

Reactions: Detour (1945)

Garysb

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Price of Bobby Deerfield went from $11.95 to $6.95. Only item I have seen with a price change. Perhaps an error when they cleaned up the phantom listings of sold out items (Items listed but no add to cart button.) Currently only phantom item is Born Free.

$29.95
$6.95
Bobby Deerfield (Blu-ray)

Reactions: PMF

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I wonder if the HBO MAX/Gone with the Wind issue has anything to do with Birth of Nation selling out today?
I doubt it. I don't really see a correlation because, as a Twilight Time release, Birth of a Nation was always limited in quantity and would have sold out sooner or later regardless of what another studio does with a separate property.

AlexNH

Second Unit
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
I doubt it. I don't really see a correlation because, as a Twilight Time release, Birth of a Nation was always limited in quantity and would have sold out sooner or later regardless of what another studio does with a separate property.
I guess it's just an amazing coincidence.

• Haha
Reactions: Detour (1945)

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
Placed my order and paid on 5/11. Haven’t received the order and the only emails are the generic ones everyone else got, record number of orders, etc.

Should I be concerned or are there others that ordered around the same time and still haven’t gotten theirs?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Placed my order and paid on 5/11. Haven’t received the order and the only emails are the generic ones everyone else got, record number of orders, etc.

Should I be concerned or are there others that ordered around the same time and still haven’t gotten theirs?
Jasper, it's my understanding they are working on orders placed May 11th this week after digging out of the thousands and thousands of orders placed May 10th.

Reactions: PMF and Jasper70

Garysb

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
I received a May 11th placed order this morning. They are coming. You should receive an email when the order ships with a tracking number. Order #74808

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasper70 and PMF

PMF

Cinematographer
Supporter
Real Name
Philip

Jasper70, you should have no concerns whatsoever. Twilight Time is reputable and they are working very hard. My order of May 10th arrived just this past Friday. If your order was May 11th, then be patient and let it ride. You’re in good hands. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Detour (1945)

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve

Like the others have said, my friend, it's on its way. With the number of orders they received and the global situation right now, all mail is slower than usual.

I'm in Canada and place my order on May 11th and received it earlier today. I have a second order out there, placed May 15th and already shipped that I expect to receive some time in the next week.

cinemel1

Grip
Real Name
Mel Matsil

Also placed my order the first day. Received email yesterday that my order just shipped. Ordered 14 discs and looking forward to receiving them soon.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janvitkrasu