The Twilight Time News and Info Thread

skylark68

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Timothy
Is there a date that this current sale will end? Presumably at the end of March?

Kyrsten Brad

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Brad
I’ve been a little slow on this sale but I did snag the following:

Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter (1957) TT
Pin Up Girl (1944) TT
Exodus (1960) SAE

Almost missed out on Exodus as TT was sold out and SAE was showing sold out when I searched on the title. Either I missed it in my search or SAE found some more copies as I found it thru a link in my SAE email just received today.

Reactions: PMF

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
I’ve been a little slow on this sale but I did snag the following:

Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter (1957) TT
Pin Up Girl (1944) TT
Exodus (1960) SAE

Almost missed out on Exodus as TT was sold out and SAE was showing sold out when I searched on the title. Either I missed it in my search or SAE found some more copies as I found it thru a link in my SAE email just received today.
SAE search function has been misfunctioning for a while if you try to search directly for a title using their dropdown menu. SAE has had 50+ copies of Exodus at least since TT sold out of their stock.

If you go to the SAE Twilight Time main page and filter all 210+ TT items alphabetically/price/release then you can see all the items (a couple of the items under the TT label filter aren't technically Twilight Time titles).
If you want search, just put 1 or 2 keywords in the search box and click search button directly instead of clicking on the item name first

https://www1.screenarchives.com/dis...ategory=546&prodType=CDDVD&pageID=1&sort=name

Kyrsten Brad

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Brad
SAE search function has been misfunctioning for a while if you try to search directly for a title using their dropdown menu. SAE has had 50+ copies of Exodus at least since TT sold out of their stock.

If you go to the SAE Twilight Time main page and filter all 210+ TT items alphabetically/price/release then you can see all the items (a couple of the items under the TT label filter aren't technically Twilight Time titles).
If you want search, just put 1 or 2 keywords in the search box and click search button directly instead of clicking on the item name first

https://www1.screenarchives.com/dis...ategory=546&prodType=CDDVD&pageID=1&sort=name
Actually I did just what you said after my first search and still didn’t find Exodus

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Actually I did just what you said after my first search and still didn’t find Exodus
Odd, I don't know why it didn't show up then. Items can be removed of change categories without technically being removed from the site. It hasn't happened frequently, but I've had TT item in the past be moved to a different Category until someone notifies SAE or their internal check system finds it.

Jack P

Producer
Reaction score
Binge purchased ten titles (out of the need to do some pure entertainment shopping and also because I have a birthday coming up), and likely my last ever TT orders.

Morituri
Inferno
Black Widow (1954)
Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?
(These were upgrades from DVD)

The Last Hurrah
The Fortune Cookie
Gidget
Bananas
The Long Hot Summer
The Barefoot Contessa

Reactions: PMF and skylark68

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Twilight Time sale extended through the end of April. Email sent from thr TwilightTime.com site. EDIT: now confirmed at SAE too.

THE HOT ROCK -- now sold out at TT.com

Last edited:

Kyrsten Brad

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Brad
Add two more to my library (even if my PayPal acct was having issues with the TT site).

Our Man In Havana (1959)
Hussy(1980)

Glad the sale is extended another month as I have some TT Wish List titles to get ahold of.

jayembee

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry
I have a package of 12 titles that should be coming today. I'll undoubtedly be making another order or two in April, given that the sale has been extended. It seems clear at this point, that it's highly unlikely we'll see any more releases from them. Aside from Nick Redman's passing, I'm sure it didn't help that they probably lost Fox as a licensor after the Disney acquisition.

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Small stock update 11am 3/30 -- these are copies of titles left specifically at TT.com. All of these except Most Beautiful Woman are still at SAE.com

Auto Focus (Blu-ray) 4
Black Widow 7
Bravados, The (Blu-ray) 16

Incident, The (Blu-ray) 35
Forever Amber (Blu-ray) 38
Edge of Eternity (Blu-ray) 46
Harlock: Space Pirate (3D/2D Blu-ray) 55
Crimson Kimono, The (Blu-ray) 57
Panic in Needle Park, The (Blu-ray) 57
Brutal Tales of Chivalry (Blu-ray) 63
Cowboy (Blu-ray) 73
Most Beautiful Wife, The (La Moglie Piu Bella) (Blu-ray) 80
Model Shop (Blu-ray) 88
Alexander The Great (Blu-ray) 96
I Want to Live! (Blu-ray) 96

Reactions: skylark68 and PMF

Garysb

Producer
Reaction score
Admirable Crichton, The [AKA Paradise Lagoon] (Blu-ray)
Captain From Castile (Blu-ray)
Fortune Cookie, The (Blu-ray)
Gun Fury (3D/2D Blu-ray)
Sayonara (Blu-ray)

PMF

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Philip
Small stock update 11am 3/30 -- these are copies of titles left specifically at TT.com. All of these except Most Beautiful Woman are still at SAE.com

Auto Focus (Blu-ray) 4
Black Widow 7
Bravados, The (Blu-ray) 16

Incident, The (Blu-ray) 35
Forever Amber (Blu-ray) 38
Edge of Eternity (Blu-ray) 46
Harlock: Space Pirate (3D/2D Blu-ray) 55
Crimson Kimono, The (Blu-ray) 57
Panic in Needle Park, The (Blu-ray) 57
Brutal Tales of Chivalry (Blu-ray) 63
Cowboy (Blu-ray) 73
Most Beautiful Wife, The (La Moglie Piu Bella) (Blu-ray) 80
Model Shop (Blu-ray) 88
Alexander The Great (Blu-ray) 96
I Want to Live! (Blu-ray) 96
Many thanks to David Norman for keeping us updated at a regular basis on both of the TT threads. Indeed, this countdown list has been a very helpful effort and guide.

Last edited:

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
How to Steal a Million just dropped to 49 copies at SAE (already sold out at TT.com) so unless there are some cancellations or find a few more copies stashed, this is the last batch before it's completely sold out.

There aren't a lot of international options either

A horrible Czech transfer
A bootleg Resen release
Apparently a Japan release which is around $50 US shipped -- no idea of quality, but since it's a 2019 Fox release I'll guess it's similar to the TT disc

The Bravados and BLACK WIDOW -- now sold out at TT.com

Last edited:

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
HOW TO STEAL A MILLION is now SOLD OUT at both SAE and TT. When I went the bed last night there still appeared to be 48 copies. Now all those are gone. I'm not sure is there was that big of a run in 12 hrs, there was a miscount at the warehouse on stock, or if some reseller attempted to scarf all 48 copies. If it's the latter, then the transaction might be voided and the item could reappear.

My better guess is that the Inventory cart counts at SAE aren't as accurate as they were several years ago so once something hit under 50, that may be a more critical number than it would appear. Kiss of Death did something similar earlier in the sale when 60-70 copies at SAE and TT disappeared overnight

Reactions: jayembee

jayembee

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry
How many TT titles do people have? I counted and was a little surprised to find I have 48. I'm sure others here can dwarf that number.
By my count, there are 391 releases under the Twilight Time imprint. That includes both the original releases and Encores for those which have them, and both DVD and BD for those which have been done on both formats.

At the moment, I have 271 of them: 268 distinct BDs, 1 where I have both the original and the Encore (The Big Heat), and 2 of the DVDs (The Kremlin Letter and Woman Obsessed).

Reactions: skylark68

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViciousKing