The Twilight Time News and Info Thread

Keith Cobby

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
The disc market has moved on. There are a couple of TT titles I want but most of the older releases I like are being put out by KL and some of the UK distributors, plus the occasional title from Warner.

Dick

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The disc market has moved on.
I beg to differ, sir. While it is true that the studios themselves have moved away from physical media, the disc market has certainly NOT moved on for those many of us who still love and collect classic titles. TT may (or may not, which I hope is the case) be done, but other companies are more than taking up the slack. The past five months or so of WAC and Kino and Flicker Alley and Shout!/Scream and Criterion titles alone are a spectacular reminder that these films still matter, not only to us, but to companies that produce the product we still loyally purchase.

Last edited:

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
I beg to differ, sir. While it is true that the studios themselves have moved away from physical media, the disc market has certainly NOT moved on for those many of us who still love and collect classic title. TT may (or may not, which I hope is the case) be done, but other companies are more than taking up the slack. The past five months or so of WAC and Kino and Flicker Alley and Shout!/Scream and Criterion titles alone are a spectacular reminder that these films still matter, not only to us, but to companies that produce the product we still loyally purchase.
Dick I would also put Arrow films on the list as they have releasing some quality titles!

Adam Gregorich

Owner
Owner
Real Name
Adam
I know there have been some titles that have sold out since then. I think the problem is that Nick closely tracked and communicated that information, and it with his passing it hasn't been communicated. I'll dig into it late next week and see if I can come up with titles that have sold out since then (although I won't have dates).
I wasn't able to see what titles sold out in 2018, but here is what sold out earlier this year:
The Young Lions
Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner
The Last Detail
The Big Heat (encore)
Lilies of the Field
9 to 5

And here is what sold out during the last (September) sale:
Roots of Heaven
Beloved Infidel
Pony Soldiers
Royal Flash
The Eddy Duchin Story
All The King’s Men
At Close Range
Twilight Samurai
Solomon and Sheba
Scream and Scream Again

EDIT: I mistakenly had The World of Henry Orient on this list. It has sold out from SAE. Twilight Time Movies has approximately 125 copies left. Once those are gone it will be completely sold out.

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF and Jimbo64

RMajidi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ramin
Looks like Twilight Time isn’t done yet, thankfully.
No more releases for 2019 but they’ll pick up the pace in 2020.

From my FB feed:

View attachment 64563
Brad, I hope you’re right in your interpretation of that post, and thanks for sharing it here.

I didn’t read it in the same way and couldn’t detect any assurance for new releases in 2020. I read the ‘200+ titles’ to mean the existing titles already on offer through TT and SAE.

Nevertheless, I share your hope that TT will continue to dazzle us with brand new titles at some point.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Guess if we see a fire sale in the next few months we will know for sure but hopefully this post means that TT has plenty of new releases coming out. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

ahollis

Lead Actor
Premium
Real Name
Allen
Sorry guys but I’m not a Debbie Downer and read it as they have 200+ titles to release in the future. So Its the best news I have heard all year, however my wallet is already screaming and it’s not Halloween.

RMajidi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ramin
Sorry guys but I’m not a Debbie Downer and read it as they have 200+ titles to release in the future. So Its the best news I have heard all year, however my wallet is already screaming and it’s not Halloween.
It’s the reference to the two outlets that led me to think the context must be the existing titles. Otherwise why mention the two outlets?

I think what that statement is saying is to the effect that ‘we already have lots of titles on hand at these two outlets, so we remain a going concern’.

At face value, I don’t think it’s making any statement one way or another about new titles, except to confirm that there won’t be any this year.

Sincerely hope that I’m wrong and you’re right though.

- Debbie D.

Adam Gregorich

Owner
Owner
Real Name
Adam
It’s the reference to the two outlets that led me to think the context must be the existing titles. Otherwise why mention the two outlets?

I think what that statement is saying is to the effect that ‘we already have lots of titles on hand at these two outlets, so we remain a going concern’.

At face value, I don’t think it’s making any statement one way or another about new titles, except to confirm that there won’t be any this year.

Sincerely hope that I’m wrong and you’re right though.

- Debbie D.
I agree with you Debbie. I think it’s referring to their existing titles and isn’t a statement one way or another about future titles.

Filmgazer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Louis Helman
I know this is asking a lot of Julie Kirgo and Brian Jameson after losing Nick Redman such a relatively short time ago, but it sure would be a nice gesture to their loyal customers if they would make some sort of official announcement as to the future of Twilight Time and the possible release of any new titles on Blu-ray. Surely they would have made a business decision by now.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
I know this is asking a lot of Julie Kirgo and Brian Jameson after losing Nick Redman such a relatively short time ago, but it sure would be a nice gesture to their loyal customers if they would make some sort of official announcement as to the future of Twilight Time and the possible release of any new titles on Blu-ray. Surely they would have made a business decision by now.
I think they will make such an announcement if and when they're ready to do so. I'm sorry if that's an inconvenience to some of us, but only they know for sure what they're dealing with personally as well as professionally. Perhaps, there are things they can't share right now?

Mark-P

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Considering that there are currently 229 Twilight Time titles for sale at Screen Archives and 196 titles available at Twilight Time's own website, I think it's pretty obvious they were talking about existing stock. Whether or not they continue with new announcements, it has been a fantastic ride and as of right now I have 195 Twilight Time titles in my own personal library with 24 more on my wishlist.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I probably own 75-100 Twilight Time titles on Blu-ray, so I hope they continue in some form. Losing Nick Redman and the Disney-Fox merger have been challenging, but I do hope they continue to release new films in 2020. TT has carved its own niche among the boutique labels, so regardless if they continue or not, they deserve applause and have my gratitude as a cinephile.

Kyrsten Brad

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Confirmed that the 200 titles refer to existing releases.

Tried to get an answer in whether there will be future releases but couldn’t get a direct answer. The writer though did sound pretty upbeat. Possibly there could be some estate issues from Nick Redman’s passing to be taken care of before business resumes but that’s strictly speculation on my part.

0475471E-8290-408F-BB24-C191CB870AF1.png

Reactions: skylark68

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dakinurineha