What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (2 Viewers)

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I wouldn't say there's anything amazing, but it's a start...

Let's Scare Jessica to Death (1971)
Prophecy (1979)
The Fan (1981)
Silver Bullet (1985)
Body Parts (1991)
Pet Sematary II (1992)

Thanks for the info. Looks to be all horror -- or thriller with horror elements -- flicks, which for the most part don't appeal to me. I suspect they'll sell well, though, as horror generally does well.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!
HOT JULY TWILIGHT TIME SALE!

FINAL 48 HOUR SALE NOTICE!

Reminder sale ends Wednesday, July 31st at 4pm Eastern.
Please note: there are SIX price brackets.
Only orders placed during the sale period will qualify for the promotion. No previously placed, currently pending or future orders will qualify....

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
Which country in Europe? If it was France, I wouldn't buy it. They have the stupid rule that all discs have to have French sub-titles, even if you are watching an English version. Friends of mine from the U.K have bought imports from France of American movies they all have the French Sub titles. Anyway I would rather see it released in North America.
I’ve not bought a single French release that has imposed French subtitles. They’re usually there as an option, but even when I can’t find the button to switch them off I can move them off screen! And there have been some really great Blu Ray releases in France that haven’t seen the light of day elsewhere.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Captured The Boston Strangler; as an email indicated that there were less than 50 copies remaining.:eek:
Other than that, I couldn't afford any of the TT and Criterion sales for this cycle.:mellow:
Well, oh, well, there's always hope towards that next round-up of sales.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Captured The Boston Strangler; as an email indicated that there were less than 50 copies remaining.:eek:
Other than that, I couldn't afford any of the TT and Criterion sales for this cycle.:mellow:
Well, oh, well, there's always hope towards those next round-up of sales.:thumbs-up-smiley:

I hear ya. I couldn’t take advantage of the TT, Criterion or Kino sales this time due to $$. But dreaming of the next ones already.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I hear ya. I couldn’t take advantage of the TT, Criterion or Kino sales this time due to $$. But dreaming of the next ones already.
Yup, not only do movies provide a dream, but they also supply a vision;
and that vision is the white-heat focal point of wanting to own them all.:)

Last edited:

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Captured The Boston Strangler; as an email indicated that there were less than 50 copies remaining.

I noticed a billboard for this movie in the new Tarantino film. I was unaware of its tagline; think it's quite effective.

"May I come in?"
Thirteen women said yes.

^^^
You know, the above is my memory of what I saw, but I just googled the poster and such for this film and I don't see that version anywhere. What I see is:

"Come in."
He did. Thirteen times.

Doesn't make sense my mind would change it to or remember something like "Thirteen women said yes," but there you have it.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I noticed a billboard for this movie in the new Tarantino film. I was unaware of its tagline; think it's quite effective.

"May I come in?"
Thirteen women said yes.

^^^
You know, the above is my memory of what I saw, but I just googled the poster and such for this film and I don't see that version anywhere. What I see is:

"Come in."
He did. Thirteen times.

Doesn't make sense my mind would change it to or remember something like "Thirteen women said yes," but there you have it.
Way OT but 13 women said yes would probably indicate a film with an XXX rating ;). The other states the "facts ma'm"! ;)

Sadly I have but one budget to give to my hobby! And TT was not one of the sales I of which I partook ... this time ...(Most of the titles I was interested in -that I don't already have- were in the $22.XX and up range...) Though I chose not to get the Criterion 1984 as I have the Twilight Time edition ...

Reactions: PMF

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Yeah I wasn't able to take advantage of this sale. I had already bought several films from the B&N Criterion sale as well as the Kino sale. Hopefully next time. For some reason all these sales tend to pop up at the same time. Conspiracy I say!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I wasn't going to get anything but at the last minute decided I might as well increase my Raquel Welch collection with "Bedazzled" and "Bandolero."

Aunt Peg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William Edwards
Anyone want to share what they got during the sale now that it's over?

I'll share what I picked up:

Bound for Glory
Stagecoach
Three Coins in the Fountain

I purchased:

Melvina and Howard
The Other Side of Midnight
The Last Hurrah
The Whole Town is Talking
Blue Denim
Gloria
The Return of Frank James
Bedazzled

Reactions: PMF

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My purchases:

A Man Called Peter
Anne of the Thousand Days
Bandolero!
The L-Shaped Room
No Down Payment
Cinderella Liberty
Oklahoma Crude
Stagecoach (1966)
Three Coins in the Fountain
Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?
The Quiller Memorandum
Morituri

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Some great choices!

The surround track on Bandolero! made me really happy. No Down Payment really impressed me as a film.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I wasn't going to get anything but at the last minute decided I might as well increase my Raquel Welch collection with "Bedazzled" and "Bandolero."
If you've never seen the original BEDAZZLED, you're in for a rare treat. I rewatch it every few years, and never tire of it. And interesting the number of great Brit comedies that came out in the late 1960s. Anyway, enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks