What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (2 Viewers)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Suggestion Box:

"Avalon" - 1990 - TriStar
"Bugsy" - 1991 - TriStar
"The Natural" - 1984 - TriStar
"Sweet Dreams" - 1985 - TriStar

And another Tri-Star movie of that era, Andrew Bergman's hilarious THE FRESHMAN (1990). I'd take his IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU from Sony as well.

Would love to get some of John Sayles' Sony Classics pictures of the '90's and 2000s. Columbia/Tri-Star Home Video released CITY OF HOPE (1990) and MEN WITH GUNS (1997), LIMBO (1999) and SUNSHINE STATE (2002) would be great. I heard he bought back the rights to a lot of his films, but if that's the case, I wonder why they haven't received proper releiases. Also— David Mamet's THINGS CHANGE (1988) and THE SPANISH PRISONER (1988) would be most welcome.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Regarding the May 21st titles, has anybody's shipped yet? I ordered some titles last week and they haven't shipped yet?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Regarding the May 21st titles, has anybody's shipped yet? I ordered some titles last week and they haven't shipped yet?
I didn't order any titles, I don't recall when I did them shipping earlier than the ship date ... with the recent issues Technicolor has had getting releases out on time I doubt ... the most recent communique from TT I have still in my email is from May 7th. It advertised a $5.00 off sale on some low stock items
upload_2019-5-14_17-23-14.png

But says the titles will ship on May 21st

For those who are interested in the sale I mentioned it is at the Twilight Time site
And it is possible some titles have sold out from this list which is from the May 7th email ...
All titles below are on sale for $24.95 each through April 30th at 4PM ET/1PM PT.

Devil In A Blue Dress (Under 500 remaining until sold out, less than 50 at TTM)
State Of Grace (Under 500 remaining until sold out, less than 300 at TTM)
Sense and Sensibility (Under 500 remaining until sold out, less than 100 at TTM)
Kiss of Death (Under 350 remaining until sold out, less than 200 at TTM)
Places In the Heart (Under 200 remaining until sold out, all at TTM)
Fat City (Under 400 remaining until sold out, less than 250 at TTM)
Peyton Place (Under 550 remaining until sold out, less than 400 at TTM)
How To Steal A Million (Under 550 remaining until sold out, less than 350 at TTM)

Last edited:

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
Ive had two recent Blu Rays from Twilight Time The Bridge at Remagen, a much underestimated war movie, and the Children of Huang Chi, a fictionalised tale of a British journalist who ended up saving a school from having its pupils enlisted in the army then fighting the Japanese invasion. A bit like Inn of the 6th Happiness as it involved a trek across hazardous and dangerous terrain.
Bothe beautiful transfers of two movies than it seems didn't find their audiences in theatres.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
It Could Happen to You has been out on blu since 2009 and is readily available on Amazon for ~$10.

I think perhaps he meant, 'It Should Happen To You' - the warm-hearted Jack Lemmon/Judy Holliday comedy from 1954. Great film that should have come out by now. Ditto for The Marrying Kind and The Solid Gold Cadillac.

Last edited:

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
I think perhaps he meant, 'It Could Happen To You' - the warm-hearted Jack Lemmon/Judy Holliday comedy from 1954. Great film that should have come out by now. Ditto for The Marrying Kind and The Solid Gold Cadillac.
I assumed he was referring to the 1994 title since he referenced it along with The Freshman and those are both Andrew Bergman films.

PS. You meant "Should", right?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Does TT still have sales through Screenarchives? It has been a while since I have heard any mention of one, or maybe I just haven't been informed by E-mail like I used to be.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Does TT still have sales through Screenarchives? It has been a while since I have heard any mention of one, or maybe I just haven't been informed by E-mail like I used to be.

There was a small sale in April. I picked up the Virgin Soldiers for $15. I can't remember the full list of titles off hand though.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
May 20th - Twilight Time low quantity alert. Fewer than 500 copies remain of the following titles. Use code TT5OFF at checkout for $5 the following titles. Once they are gone, they are gone for good!

BELOVED INFIDEL
- FEWER THAN 100 COPIES
FAT CITY
- FEWER THAN 250 COPIES
THE FORTUNE
- FEWER THAN 250 COPIES
HARDCORE
- FEWER THAN 20 COPIES
KISS OF DEATH
- FEWER THAN 150 COPIES
MISS SADIE THOMPSON
- FEWER THAN 175 COPIES
PONY SOLDIER
- FEWER THAN 75 COPIES
THE REMAINS OF THE DAY
- FEWER THAN 175 COPIES
ROYAL FLASH
- FEWER THAN 100 COPIES
STATE OF GRACE
- FEWER THAN 150 COPIES
THE TRAIN (ENCORE)
- FEWER THAN 200 COPIES
DEVIL IN A BLUE DRESS
- FEWER THAN 500 COPIES
SENSE AND SENSIBILITY
- FEWER THAN 500 COPIES
PEYTON PLACE
- FEWER THAN 500 COPIES
HOW TO STEAL A MILLION
- FEWER THAN 500 COPIES
As of 05/20...

fdabbott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
It would be great if TT could add Paramount to their rota. I know they're with Warner right now, but I don't know how long that deal is set to go.

Oh, & the United Artist film I'd just love is, The Vikings, but I don't know who has that, if anyone.

fdabbott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
My hope too is that TT can expand their license agreements. Paramount and Universal have seemingly ceased releasing pre-1970 catalog titles (or any catalog titles in general, for the most part), and I wish they would license to TT if they aren't going to release titles themselves.
I would love to see TT release a Blu-ray of the 1981 Paramount film "Dragonslayer". The film stars Peter MacNicol, Caitlin Clarke, Ian McDiarmid, Ralph Richardson & Chloe Salaman and is treasure of a Fantasy film that has never been released in North America on Blu-ray, I know so many collectors who want this movie on Blu-ray, if any other studio had produced it, the film would have been on Blu-ray years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks