What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (2 Viewers)

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
When I found out about Nick Redman's passing, the first thing I did was put in an order for the recent TT release of Yanks, as a way to pay tribute to a man who devoted his time to preserving films and music through his many ventures. You better believe that I'll dedicate my review of Anne of the Thousand Days to him.

B1urmeter

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
We know you guys love to make title suggestions, and frankly you still can, but know that almost every title you can think of has been added to our list and that it would take decades to release all of them, even if it were humanly possible!

Newbie here. Please get the Home Video Rights for THE IN CROWD (1988), one of Orion's last releases before declaring bankruptcy. You've likely picked through MGM's entire catalog, but you've missed several titles that have yet to be released on BD. Could a TT rep please DM me (is that allowed)? There's additional info (Rights concerns included) that I'd prefer not to post. Thank you.

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
Newbie here. Please get the Home Video Rights for THE IN CROWD (1988), one of Orion's last releases before declaring bankruptcy. You've likely picked through MGM's entire catalog, but you've missed several titles that have yet to be released on BD. Could a TT rep please DM me (is that allowed)? There's additional info (Rights concerns included) that I'd prefer not to post. Thank you.
They no longer have an agreement with MGM

B1urmeter

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
They no longer have an agreement with MGM

If a previous deal expired, titles can still be licensed for EST/Home Video (BD), assuming MGM still holds those Rights (or in perpetuity) -- which they do in this case. Would still love to speak with a rep.

Edit: Also, I don't believe TT has had a deal with MGM -- FOX distributes MGM BD/Home Video and I think TT made a deal to include 30+ titles from the MGM library (which I think has expired, yes).

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
If a previous deal expired, titles can still be licensed for EST/Home Video (BD), assuming MGM still holds those Rights (or in perpetuity) -- which they do in this case. Would still love to speak with a rep.
Welcome to HTF.

I suspect that it was Nick Redman, himself, who answered the majority of our questions upon this thread.

Being that you are a new member who joined on Jan. 23rd, I would encourage you to read the HTF thread entitled "Nick Redman Passed Away"; which also supplies a link to Variety's front-page story of Jan. 18th.

Last edited:

B1urmeter

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
Welcome to HTF.

I suspect that it was Nick Redman, himself, who answered the majority of our questions upon this thread.

Being that you are a new member who joined on Jan. 23rd, I would encourage you to read the HTF thread entitled "Nick Redman Passed Away"; which also supplies a link to Variety's front-page story of Jan. 18th.

Ugh, that's terrible -- as well as embarrassing I hadn't even noticed. Thank you. I'll try an internal route.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Nick was the one posting as Twilight Time. Mike Finnegan will start to take on that role soon in addition to his many other duties (including penning their excellent blog: https://www.twilighttimemovies.com/news), so please be patient and understand that he may not be able to post as often as Nick did, or answer all questions.

madfloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian
Anyone have any thoughts about the February release lineup? I'm wondering if Bedazzled is any good (only seen the remake)...

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Anyone have any thoughts about the February release lineup? I'm wondering if Bedazzled is any good (only seen the remake)...
I just watched it again, having seen it numerous times since it was first released, and it's still a true
comic gem. Some of the Set Pieces ... Praising God, the Nuns ... still have me howling out loud. I've
never bothered with the remake ... why try to top such near perfection? So ... YES! Buy it!!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I just watched it again, having seen it numerous times since it was first released, and it's still a true
comic gem. Some of the Set Pieces ... Praising God, the Nuns ... still have me howling out loud. I've
never bothered with the remake ... why try to top such near perfection? So ... YES! Buy it!!
The new one DVD had Nuon as I recall ;)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
TWILIGHT TIME HONORS THE WINNERS AND NOMINEES FROM THE HISTORY OF THE OSCARS!
SALE BEGINS WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13TH AT 10AM EDT AND ENDS THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28TH AT MIDNIGHT EDT!
NOTE: DIFFERENT PRICE BRACKETS PER TITLE
ORDERS MUST BE PLACED DURING THE SALE PERIOD TO OBTAIN THE SALE PRICING. NO PREVIOUS, CURRENTLY PENDING OR FUTURE ORDERS QUALIFY.

PRICE BRACKET 1: $26.95
ANNE OF THE THOUSAND DAYS (1969)

A MAN CALLED PETER (1955)

PRICE BRACKET 2: $24.95
CINDERELLA LIBERTY (1973)

GERONIMO: AN AMERICAN LEGEND (1993)

GLORIA (1980)

THE HOT ROCK (1972)

LET'S MAKE LOVE (1960)

MY GAL SAL (1942)

THE OTHER SIDE OF MIDNIGHT (1977)

PRICE BRACKET 3: $19.95
ALICE (1990)

BENEATH THE 12-MILE REEF (1953)

BOB & CAROL & TED & ALICE (1969)

DOCTOR DOLITTLE (1967)

FOREVER AMBER (1947)

THE FORTUNE COOKIE (1966)

THE HOSPITAL (1971)

HUSBANDS AND WIVES (1992)

THE L-SHAPED ROOM (1962)

MY COUSIN RACHEL (1952)

PEYTON PLACE (1957)

SAYONARA (1957)

SUDDENLY, LAST SUMMER (1959)

TOM SAWYER (1973) / HUCKLEBERRY FINN (1974)

YOU'LL NEVER GET RICH (1941)

PRICE BRACKET 4: $14.95
ANASTASIA (1956)

THE BAREFOOT CONTESSA (1954)

COMES A HORSEMAN (1978 / PLEASE SEE TRANSFER NOTE)

EXODUS (1960)

THE GANG'S ALL HERE (1943)

I WANT TO LIVE (1958)

INTERIORS (1978)

JULIA (1977)

KISS OF DEATH (1947)

THE KEYS OF THE KINGDOM (1944)

THE MEMBER OF THE WEDDING (1952)

MISS SADIE THOMPSON (1953 / 2D and 3D)

THE TRAIN (1964 / ENCORE EDITION)

TWO FOR THE ROAD (1967)

ZELIG (1983)

PRICE BRACKET 5: $9.95
APRIL LOVE (1957)

THE BEST OF EVERYTHING (1959)

BORN FREE (1966)

BOUND FOR GLORY (1976)

BROKEN LANCE (1954)

COWBOY (1958)

THE EDDY DUCHIN STORY (1956)

FAT CITY (1972)

THE FRONT (1976)

THE HAPPY ENDING (1969)

HAWAII (1966)

THE HAWAIIANS (1970)

THE REMAINS OF THE DAY (1993)

SENSE AND SENSIBILITY (1995)

THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT (1974 / ENCORE EDITION)

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Sorry to report to the Twilight Time faithful that our April Titles "pre-announcement" was in error, as Fox has advised that THE PAPER CHASE (1973) was spoken for elsewhere and our skulls full of mush will not be replaced by lawyerly thoughts. However, we are pleased to substitute a comparably desired gem -- and double Academy Award winner -- THREE COINS IN THE FOUNTAIN (1954). It joins MELVIN AND HOWARD (1980), THE SNAKE PIT (1948) and STAGECOACH (1966) on the April 16 hi-def Blu-ray Release Roster. Thanks for understanding.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sorry to report to the Twilight Time faithful that our April Titles "pre-announcement" was in error, as Fox has advised that THE PAPER CHASE (1973) was spoken for elsewhere and our skulls full of mush will not be replaced by lawyerly thoughts. However, we are pleased to substitute a comparably desired gem -- and double Academy Award winner -- THREE COINS IN THE FOUNTAIN (1954). It joins MELVIN AND HOWARD (1980), THE SNAKE PIT (1948) and STAGECOACH (1966) on the April 16 hi-def Blu-ray Release Roster. Thanks for understanding.
I'm not a big fan of "Three Coins in the Fountain", but I know some HTF posters are going to be please with that substitute.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Sorry to hear about the Paper Chase, that was the title I was looking forward to most. However, Three Coins in the Fountain sounds like a good substitute title. I love these Cinemascope titles, especially the ones that really show off foreign locales. I wonder if Criterion grabbed the Paper Chase.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a big fan of "Three Coins in the Fountain", but I know some HTF posters are going to be please with that substitute.

Like me for instance :) Three Coins In The Fountain is long overdue for a HD release. Sorry to the fans of The Paper Chase (of which I'm not) but apparently someone is going to release it at some point so that's good news for you guys.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
I simply loved the replacement! I was waiting for Three Coins in the fountain to hit Bluray for a long time.
And I remember once asking TT about it and being answered that TT did not have it at the time. Therefore, this announcement means that TT may have acquired new titles since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks