What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (3 Viewers)

ABritch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony Britch
I used to have a 35mm dye-transfer 1957 Technicolor print of LOVING YOU but it deteriorated with Vinegar Syndrome.

The VistaVision footage is razor sharp and the intended aspect ratio is 1.85:1.

Today, Dec. 18, was to be the Pre-Order date for the Redwind Blu-Ray of LOVING YOU (1957). I can't find anything on Screen Archives.

Does anyone have an update?

thank you,
Anthony

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
I got this from SAE this morning:

"We have not been notified of this release from Redwind Productions. The only title from this label that we have is Sunshine."

Maybe the whole Loving You thing was bogus? It sure didn't seem like it from this ad a couple months ago, though.

• upload_2018-12-19_9-17-42.png

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Perhaps the street date has been affected by the same replication delays that are currently plaguing the industry. If major studios like Warner have to delay releases, and small labels like Twilight Time are forced to wait, a brand new label with only one title is going to be made to wait even further towards the back of the line.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Perhaps the street date has been affected by the same replication delays that are currently plaguing the industry. If major studios like Warner have to delay releases, and small labels like Twilight Time are forced to wait, a brand new label with only one title is going to be made to wait even further towards the back of the line.
You'd think, though, that SAE could at least say that it will be released in the future or something.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Got this from TT about Loving You:

Hi John!

The only thing I have heard is that it's coming.

We are merely customer support for the Twilight Time store front, so we get no advanced information on releases. Basically, when the public learns about new releases, so do we.

The best places to connect with the Twilight Time team are on their Facebook page or Internet sites like hometheaterforum.com. They usually interact with consumers there.

In the meantime, best I can do is forward your email on.

Thank You

Randy
Twilight Time Movies Support

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
It's going to be a Twilight Time Christmas! Looking forward to these titles which are now en route to me:

X, Y & Zee (especially grateful for more Elizabeth Taylor on Blu!)
Anne of the Thousand Days
Doctor Dolittle
How to Steal a Million
Manhattan Murder Mystery
Nicholas Nickleby

My copy of Satan Never Sleeps is on its way to me. Looks like the December titles are on schedule. Your post reminds me, I need to put Nicholas Nickleby aside to watch this weekend.

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
I have just had a quick look at Antony and Cleopatra and I am very impressed and it does include the Overture and Exit Music
Its a shame the main audio track is 1.0 but the Isolated Music track is 2.0 Stereo and sounds really good.
Thanks Twilight Time for a great release.

Last edited:

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
There is a review of Anne Of The Thousand Days up on DVD Beaver and the Audio is 2.0,
does this have a Stereo track as this was released in 70mm in the UK.

many thanks

Derek.

Last edited:

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
There is a review of Anne Of The Thousand Days up on DVD Beaver and the Audio is 2.0,
does this have a Stereo track as this was released in 70mm in the UK.

many thanks

Derek.

Yes, both tracks are DTS-HD MA Stereo. But the music-only track appears to have a trifle less separation to my ears. It still sounds great though.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'm sure someone will make a separate thread, but TT just posted on their Facebook that Nick Redman has passed away.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Devastating. Can't imagine this is now a world without him.

RIP, sir, and thank you for everything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks