What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
It never fails. No matter which titles I buy during a TT sale, there always seems to be that period of post-indecision and possible mourning over the ones that got left behind.
Ah, that fear of any of those other truly desired titles becoming "Sold-Out".
Think of the bridge scene from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" and that question of "What is your favorite color?"; and you'll know exactly what I mean.

Tough decisions.

Last edited:

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
I see Antony and Cleopatra is Region A only. l might still get this if the isolated music track is Stereo
and it has the Overture.
Also is the isolated music track from the CD which i think is a rerecording ?

What a fantastic score by John Scott.

Its a shame the audio is only 1.0 although we did have a 70mm 6 track stereo print the UK in 1972 on release.

Last edited:

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
It's likely too soon to tell, but when Fox officially becomes an appendage of Disney Inc., owing to the understanding they will continue to play ball with Twilight Time for future Fox Blu-ray releases, does this also presume that Disney might allow Twilight Time into its own Ali Baba cave of wonders for exclusive to Blu releases.

Song of the South at last! Anyone? A restored Bedknobs and Broomsticks...anyone? 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, The Happiest Millionaire, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, That Darn Cat, The Moon Spinners, Summer Magic....ANYONE?!??!?

I think other than Song of the South these will be released by Disney at some point from their Archive Collection.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
I see Antony and Cleopatra is Region A only. l might still get this if the isolated music track is Stereo
and it has the Overture.
Also is the isolated music track from the CD which i think is a rerecording ?

What a fantastic score by John Scott.

Its a shame the audio is only 1.0 although we did have a 70mm 6 track stereo print the UK in 1972 on release.
Our disc does have an optional overture and exit music feature.

ABritch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony Britch
We might see WILD depending on the state of the transfer - LOVING YOU is coming out on our sister label Redwind Prods - not sure of the schedule on that one - Don't think there is any other Elvis in our future at this time.

it would really be special to sit down with Tuesday Weld, Millie Perkins and Gary Lockwood for a screen specific commentary. The holy grail would be discovering the footage shot of the original ending as well as footage of Elvis singing "Lonely Man" and "Forget Me Never" . any chance of any of this if TT were to issue Wild In The Country?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
To the Twilight Time rep -- any heads up on a Sale starting Wednesday at SAE/TT? Last year the whole section went on sale around this time and the large majority of SAE/TT sales start midday Wednesday so just a guess.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Since Twilight Time has license deals with Fox, Sony and Universal, I've made a wish list for 2019. I've tried to be realistic and not get carried away. 10 from each studio (will be interesting to see which if any will see the light of day in 2019):

Fox:

1. Bird Of Paradise
2. Deep Blue Sea
3. Good Morning Miss Dove
4. Hatful Of Rain
5. Island In The Sun
6. King Of The Khyber Rifles
7. Magnificent Matador
8. Prince Of Players
9. Say One For Me
10 Tender Is The Night

Sony:

1. Barabbas
2. Count Three And Pray
3. Running Man
4. Mackenna's Gold
5. Pepe
6. Song Without End
7. Strangers When We Meet
8. They Came To Cordura
9. Violent Men
10 You Can't Run Away From It

Universal:

1. Interlude (Douglas Sirk)
2. Man Could Get Killed
3. Mary Queen Of Scots
4. Midnight Lace
5. Pete 'n' Tillie
6. Secret Ceremony
7. Tattered Dress
8. Thoroughly Modern Millie
9. Time To Love And A Time To Die

10 Written On The Wind

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Since Twilight Time has license deals with Fox, Sony and Universal, I've made a wish list for 2019. I've tried to be realistic and not get carried away. 10 from each studio (will be interesting to see which if any will see the light of day in 2019):

Fox:

1. Bird Of Paradise
2. Deep Blue Sea
3. Good Morning Miss Dove
4. Hatful Of Rain
5. Island In The Sun
6. King Of The Khyber Rifles
7. Magnificent Matador
8. Prince Of Players
9. Say One For Me
10 Tender Is The Night

Sony:

1. Barabbas
2. Count Three And Pray
3. Running Man
4. Mackenna's Gold
5. Pepe
6. Song Without End
7. Strangers When We Meet
8. They Came To Cordura
9. Violent Men
10 You Can't Run Away From It

Universal:

1. Interlude
2. Man Could Get Killed
3. Mary Queen Of Scots
4. Midnight Lace
5. Pete 'n' Tillie
6. Secret Ceremony
7. Tattered Dress
8. Thoroughly Modern Millie
9. Time To Love And A Time To Die

10 Written On The Wind

I think Three Coins In The Fountain is more likely than Good Morning Miss Dove from Fox, and as Twilight Time likes Shirley Jones, Never Steal Anything Small must be on their own wish list from Universal.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I think Three Coins In The Fountain is more likely than Good Morning Miss Dove from Fox, and as Twilight Time likes Shirley Jones, Never Steal Anything Small must be on their own wish list from Universal.

I'd accept those as substitutes :)

Reactions: PMF

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
INTERLUDE with Oskar Werner and a beautiful score by Georges Delerue is from Columbia.
Hope it is released by TT

Last edited:

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
...and as Twilight Time likes Shirley Jones, Never Steal Anything Small must be on their own wish list from Universal.

I've been looking for Never Steal Anything Small; I saw it once and remember at least some of it being really trippy. I mean, it's a musical about gangsters and a longshoreman's union!

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Going out on a limb for the sake of sheer guessing, but I'd imagine a BD release of either "Queen Bee" (1955), "The Story on Page One" (1959) or "Sons and Lovers" (1960).
All three are out of 20th Century-Fox and, perhaps most telling, all three are Jerry Wald productions.
And Twilight Time loves Jerry Wald.

Case in point:
Miss Sadie Thompson (1954)
The Eddie Duchin Story (1956)
Peyton Place (1957)
No Down Payment (1957)
The Long, Hot Summer (1958)
Beloved Infidel (1959)
The Best of Everything (1959)
The Sound and the Fury (1959)
Let's Make Love (1960)
Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation (1962)

Bring it on TT. More Jerry Wald. Be it next month or the month, thereafter.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Going out on a limb for the sake of sheer guessing, but I'd imagine a BD release of either "Queen Bee" (1955), "The Story on Page One" (1959) or "Sons and Lovers" (1960).
All three are out of 20th Century-Fox and, perhaps most telling, all three are Jerry Wald productions.

Case in point:
Peyton Place (1957)
No Down Payment (1957)
Beloved Infidel (1959)
Let's Make Love (1960)

Bring it on TT. More Jerry Wald. Be it next month or the month, thereafter.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Queen Bee is actually a Columbia film.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Queen Bee is actually a Columbia film.
Thanks for the correction.
They all blended together, as TT has had access to many a great transfer from Columbia, as well.
Still, in the end, all three remain a TT possibility.
BTW, Charles B. Lang holds an Oscar record of 18 nominations for his cinematography; to which "Queen Bee" is included.
Come to think of it, Mr. Lang was nominated for "Butterflies are Free" (1972), which is also out of Columbia Pictures.
Zowie, one is a Butterfly and another is a Bee. Think of that. A perfect TT double-bill.:thumbs-up-smiley:
Talkin' 'bout 2019, here; and, of course, Auld Lang Syne.;)

Last edited:

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren

Case in point:
Peyton Place (1957)
No Down Payment (1957)
Beloved Infidel (1959)
Let's Make Love (1960)

I'd kill for Sons and Lovers!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks