What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (2 Viewers)

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Twilight Time announced on Facebook that their release of The Iron Horse has unfortunately been postponed pending the outcome of the Disney-Fox deal:

Just a heads-up we have decided to postpone for the time being our upcoming blu-ray release of John Ford's classic, THE IRON HORSE (1924). We face an uncertain future with the pending sale of Fox to Disney, regarding whether or not restoration work will continue or cease on the Fox catalogue, but we figured that just on the off-chance more work might be done on this title, we'll put our decision off for a while.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...45149445503710,"share_id":0}]}}&__tn__=*s*s-R

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Just wanted to say that I bought THE REMAINS OF THE DAY for the Emma Thompson commentary, as I have the Region Free UK disc, and I was very surprised to discover that, in terms of my eyes & my equipment (32 inch widescreen TV) the color was much richer and the quality of the figures had a presence that I found lacking on the UK disc. The Twilight Time Blu, in terms of both the color and contrast is much closer to the release prints I saw in theaters than the UK Region Free Blu. This difference was not noted in any of the reviews when the TT disc originally came out, so I held off buying it, but now I'm really glad I did.

Reactions: PMF

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
What Im confused about is why The Iron Horse is postponed but TT stated on their FB page that other Fox titles are coming from them.
Did I miss something ? Or was the HD master for The Iron Horse not made yet ? I feel like I'm missing a piece to the puzzle :)
Enlightenment please :)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
It seems from their Facebook message that the existing master of The Iron Horse is older and there's a chance that Disney might be doing more work on it, so they'll wait a little while before deciding to release what they already have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks