What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Just finished watching the lavishly produced Dragonwyck. Fine picture and sound quality for this moody movie, which Julie Kirgo tells us marks the first performance by Vincent Price of "Vincent Price." Looking forward to watching it again with the commentary track....
Poster%20-%20Dragonwyck_02.jpg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That was a fun commentary track; both of the guys are fans of the movie and the genre and have a lot of fun discussing it, which makes it even more enjoyable to listen to.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Many of my favorite TT blu-rays have been older movies from 20th Century Fox—titles such as The Egyptian, Dragonwyck, Leave Her to Heaven, Picnic, Broken Lance, Garden of Evil, The Keys of the Kingdom, Violent Saturday, House of Bamboo, etc., etc.

I realize time is running short for more titles from Fox on TT, and probably the time for requests has already passed, but just in case here are a few last titles I'd like to own on blu-ray....The Rains Came, Wilson, Anna and the King of Siam, Nightmare Alley (perhaps as a double feature with another Tyrone Power title?), The Snake Pit, Whirlpool, The Virgin Queen, etc.

PS Also any movie with a score by Bernard Herrmann.

Last edited:

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Last night I watched Forever Amber. As we all know you have to try to imagine what this movie originally looked like. And given the censorship of the era, you have to read between the lines at times. Anyway, I enjoyed this epic, which has a great cast, an interesting story, a lovely score, etc.....

forever%2Bamber.jpg

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I wish TT would do Soldier of Fortune. Its on SD with a restored picture,but the stereo sound is all wrong. the signal reads its claimed 5.1 but things only come out of the center channel and the surround track.

I have also been asking for this. Great film and was released on DVD with The Tall Men and Call of the Wild.

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
I see Antony and Cleopatra is coming out in November, I hope this is a Full Roadshow Version in Stereo.
The USA DVD is Mono, as this film has a fantastic score by John Scott it needs the best audio track.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Before the sale ended, I ordered The New Centurions and Next Stop, Greenwich Village. I've been looking forward to purchasing TNC, but NS,GV is a blind buy. The trailer I watched on YouTube was weird (in a good way) and interesting, and a nice sale price makes for a great opportunity to take a chance on something I might not have tried otherwise.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Before the sale ended, I ordered The New Centurions and Next Stop, Greenwich Village. I've been looking forward to purchasing TNC, but NS,GV is a blind buy. The trailer I watched on YouTube was weird (in a good way) and interesting, and a nice sale price makes for a great opportunity to take a chance on something I might not have tried otherwise.

NSGV was a blind buy for me, also. I have to say I really enjoyed it. Fun slice of life type of film and the execution of period of early 50s NYC is well done, plus it has the great Shelley Winters. Hope you enjoy it.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I enjoyed the commentary track on that one too.

Thanks for the comment. I'll need to check the commentary out. I thought the film was very well done and possibly my use of the word "fun" wasn't correct as there are some very serious life incidents represented here as well as the "fun" elements such as seeing a very young Christopher Walken and Jeff Goldblum. Another very good "adult" film from the 70s.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Hi,

Any news on the Audio for Antony and Cleopatra ?

Thanks.
It will most likely be mono, the same as the WB DVD, although we will try to recreate the score in stereo for the isolated track. The difference between the 148 minute and the 160 minute versions is the inclusion of an overture, entr'acte, and exit music, which we will try to recreate as we did for Judgment at Nuremberg, but the elements are missing at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks