What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I just read that TT has licensed one film from Warner Bros. Does anyone know what it is?
B-ROLL, are you suggesting that TT is doing an Encore Release? Please clarify.
As for "Heaven and Earth"; as released by TT; I was very glad to have been given that opportunity to round out the trilogy for my BD library. And, although its not my money paying for the rights,distribution and transfers, I feel that as long as "Platoon" and "Born of the Fourth of July" remains available that "Heaven and Earth" must also be accessible. After all, a trilogy is a trilogy; and ones vision must remain intact; especially when one takes into account that Oliver Stone's first two installments had each garnered an Oscar for Best Director. Now, try to imagine other trilogies without their 3rd installments being intact or available and you'll get my meaning. Honor the vision - honor the vet. Need more persuading? Then consider that Robert Richardson was the DP for all three aforementioned works; and there you'll have yet another aspect and completed trilogy of one's invested work. All in all, "Heaven and Earth" may not play out like the other two Vietnam accounts; but its organically true to the journey, without being repetitive of the prior.

Last edited:

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
B-ROLL, are you suggesting that TT is doing an Encore Release? Please clarify.
As for "Heaven and Earth"; as released by TT; I was very glad to have been given that opportunity to round out the trilogy for my BD library. And, although its not my money paying for the rights,distribution and transfers, I feel that as long as "Platoon" and "Born of the Fourth of July" remains available that "Heaven and Earth" must also be accessible. After all, a trilogy is a trilogy; and ones vision must remain intact; especially when one takes into account that Oliver Stone's first two installments had each garnered an Oscar for Best Director. Now, try to imagine other trilogies without their 3rd installments being intact or available and you'll get my meaning. Honor the vision - honor the vet. Need more persuading? Then consider that Robert Richardson was the DP for all three aforementioned works; and there you'll have yet another aspect and completed trilogy of one's invested work. All in all, "Heaven and Earth" may not play out like the other two Vietnam accounts; but its organically true to the journey, without being repetitive of the prior.

Heaven & Earth is indeed the only title we licensed from WB - and no, we have no plans to reissue it.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Dare I ask. When The Egyptian was released, I did not have blu ray yet, so I never got one.
Any chance of doing an encore release for The Egyptian?
Ditto Joe Caps. I wasn't in full gear at the time, either.
More Leon Shamroy, I say; including "The Cardinal".
Finally, I would like to suggest Martin Ritt's "Nuts".

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I really doubt they'd redo it. It took years to sell out the first batch (though they were selling Blu-rays and DVDs). The ones they've chosen for a second run had pretty much been instant sellouts with the first release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks