What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
****FYI***

TWILIGHT TIME LIMITED MGM / UA SALE!
SALE BEGINS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND 4PM EDT

THROUGH WEDNESDAY,FEBRUARY 28TH 4PM EDT!
NOTE: DIFFERENT PRICE BRACKETS PER TITLE.
ORDERS MUST BE PLACED DURING THE SALE PERIOD TO OBTAIN THE SALE PRICING. NO PREVIOUS, CURRENTLY PENDING OR FUTURE ORDERS QUALIFY.

PRICE BRACKET 1: $6.95
THE SECRET OF SANTA VITTORIA

THE BELIEVERS

AUDREY ROSE

AMERICAN BUFFALO

MISSISSIPPI MERMAID

PRICE BRACKET 2: $9.95
SCORPIO

SOLOMON AND SHEBA

KINGS GO FORTH

THE HAPPY ENDING

THE GLORY GUYS

THE FANTASTICKS

LOVE AND DEATH

ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS

THE WORLD OF HENRY ORIENT

SUMMER LOVERS

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S SEX COMEDY

BOUND FOR GLORY

ALEXANDER THE GREAT

A PRAYER FOR THE DYING

INSERTS

THE BLACK STALLION RETURNS

FROM NOON TILL THREE

EUREKA

STANLEY & IRIS

YEAR OF THE COMET

PRICE BRACKET 3: $14.95
STATE OF GRACE

AT CLOSE RANGE

STRANGE INVADERS

SCREAM AND SCREAM AGAIN

COUNT YORGA, VAMPIRE

SHADOWS AND FOG

HAWAII

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF / SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUNFIGHTER

THE HAWAIIANS

EXODUS

THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT

CHATO'S LAND

CUTTER'S WAY

I COULD GO ON SINGING

ROLLERBALL

THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES

ROMEO IS BLEEDING

ZELIG

THE RUSSIA HOUSE

THEATRE OF BLOOD

BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA

EYE OF THE NEEDLE

REMO WILLIAMS

MURPHY'S LAW

THE TRAIN

RUNAWAY TRAIN

BOXCAR BERTHA

I WANT TO LIVE!

THE BAREFOOT CONTESSA

NICHOLAS NICKLEBY

STARDUST MEMORIES

COMES A HORSEMAN

CHILLY SCENES OF WINTER

THE QUIET AMERICAN

INTERIORS

BABY BOOM

HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING

ANOTHER WOMAN

THE FORTUNE COOKIE

8 HEADS IN A DUFFEL BAG

PRICE BRACKET 4: $19.95
WHO'LL STOP THE RAIN

THE MAN IN THE MOON

EVERYTHING YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT SEX...

THE BRIDGE AT REMAGEN

TOM SAWYER / HUCKLEBERRY FINN

KID GALAHAD

SEPTEMBER

LAWMAN

HOUR OF THE GUN

PLAY DIRTY

WILD BILL

BANANAS

SAYONARA

WUTHERING HEIGHTS

THE HOSPITAL

ALICE

SAE

http://www4.screenarchives.com/disp...ricelo&category=546&prodType=CDDVD&perpage=25

Looks like I'll be working for Twilight Time for a month.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
So as not to offend TT should it be planning its own releases, one of these "wants" in available in a very fine region-free edition, one is available region-free (but there's a far better Region B edition, too), and COMFORT AND JOY, a Universal release, is on Blu-ray but Region B-locked. Check Amazon UK.

Quatermass II

Second Unit
Real Name
John Hayes
I was wondering if there would ever be a chance that TT might release some of the 1950s Warwick films that they produced under their arrangement with Columbia. Most of them were very popular at the time and featured several big American stars - taking advantage of a tax break by making films outside the USA - in some quite memorable films. Alan Ladd in The Red Beret (Paratrooper in US), Hell Below Zero and The Black Knight (with the prologue left intact, please, not like the current Spanish DVD release); Victor Mature in Interpol (Pickup Alley), Zarak, The Long Haul, Bandit Of Zhobe; Jose Ferrer in the excellent Cockleshell Heroes and even Robert Mitchum, Rita Hayworth and Jack Lemmon in Fire Down Below, to mention a mere handful. Made on fairly tight budgets (except Fire Down Below which ran over quite a bit), they managed to look more expensive than their actual cost and were very, very entertaining. Any or all of these would be a definite purchase for me.

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Good lord! What a stupid move to make, Columbia/Sony! I like Murder by Death much more than The CHeap Detective, but I'd love to have both on Blu-ray.
There were a number of 2-sided releases from Sony that went foolscreen-only. To make matters worse they kept the same UPC for the FS version as the WS&FS version so impossible to gauge what you got when ordering online.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
And it was REALLY dumb to do a "full screen" version of The Cheap Detective since it was filmed in Panavision meaning that what we're really getting is the dreaded (and dreadful) pan and scan.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
No, The Cheap Detective has a widescreen (anamorphically enhanced) transfer on that release. I have it.

I would love to see Murder by Death, one of my favorite comedies, released on blu-ray

A question to either Twilight Time or everyone here: When do you think Twilight Time might, if at all, delve into 4k? We know there are some 4k transfers now for some of these films, though I assume most have been converted to 2k for their video masters.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
I made a big splash with the current sale as well as the previous one: I got The Believers, The Secret of Santa Vittoria, and Strange Invaders, and I'm awaiting the delivery of Sayonara, Who'll Stop the Rain, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, Theatre of Blood, and The World of Henry Orient.

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Travis
I ordered The Fortune Cookie, The Glory Guys, The Hour of the Gun, and Lawman late on Sunday night, with the cheap shipping no less, and they showed up today! I didn't realize Twilight Time had a distribution center in DFW. Pretty sweet

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Watched TT's blu-ray of Moscow on the Hudson recently, which stars Robin Williams. Strong picture quality on this good, amusing, and touching movie. Insightful audio commentaries, as well as a good essay—as always—written by Julie Kirgo. A quality release and movie. Recommended.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
My weekend order of 7 sale titles showed up today. Thanks, TT! Great service from your direct portal.

Count me in if Sony provides Murder By Death to TT. Great comedy and lots of fun. I've not seen Cheap Detective, but would buy that as well

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
My weekend order of 7 sale titles showed up today. Thanks, TT! Great service from your direct portal.

Count me in if Sony provides Murder By Death to TT. Great comedy and lots of fun. I've not seen Cheap Detective, but would buy that as well

I'd love Murder By Death and The Cheap Detective also,. But would also like to own California Suite on Blu-ray.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
"The Ipcress File" was released , via ITV in the UK, but that title is out of print, it is a Rank Organization Film so i don't know if it is really controlled in the United States or North America by Paramount, thought they were releasing through VCI.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Ipcress was with Universal theatrically and on VHS, so they may still have the rights. Funeral in Berlin is with Paramount and Billion Dollar Brain was with United Artists (now MGM).

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
Has anyone noticed in STARDUST MEMORIES starting with the scene where Woody Allen meets his fans outside the film festival that there are a ton of video artifacts that continue on for several minutes and show up in later scenes.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just hoping that GUN FURY goes to $19.95 soon! This is the only '50s 3Der that I don't have. Just can't get past that close to $35 to get to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks