What's new

The Tweaks/Accessories board is dead. Reason to get rid of subcategories? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I've noticed over the past few days that no one is posting to the Tweaks and Accessories board over in the hardware section. Now, I wouldn't expect this to be the hottest topic on the HTF, but is that the main reason why the board isn't being used? I mean, it could be that people are shying away from posting there because they feel that no one is listening, so to speak. This is one situation where I feel the sub-categories idea doesn't work. Even the DVD Players and Recorders board isn't hopping like I thought it would. Just my $0.05.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Keith- In general, I was a proponent of going back to the old way: no subsections. But, the exclusion of the tweaks/interconnects stuff was a plus. For me.
Me, myself, and I: I believe that 99.9% of the gains in a home theater are determined by the components that you buy, and the type and placement of speakers. Not by using interconnect that's been forged at the top of the Himalayas, only from Kryptonite doped copper, quenched between the thighs of a virgin Aztec princess only on the 3rd full moon of each year.
And what I think I would have to spend for that other 0.1%? I'll take that and spend it on CDs and DVDs.
So having the choice to *not* peruse info like that, is very useful *to me*. So I didn't mind having it separated out.
And maybe, that's why there's not much activity over there. "Preaching to the choir" maybe.
(Now, tweaks for AC power are something different entirely, IMO. But I'm 100% taken care of there, having gotten a balanced power box about 6 months ago.)
Cheers! :)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Keith,

The format is still being tweaked, if you'll pardon the Pun. We are closely watching traffic levels- and will figure out if certain areas can be merged to keep the traffic levels healthy while keeping the topics consistant.

I personally would like to see Tweaks encorporated into the forum proper (in other words, go a Receiver tweak, post it in receivers)-- but we'll see what Parker decides to do over the next week.

-Vince

Neil Weinstock

Stunt Coordinator
With the (apparent) demise of the Misc. Hardware forum, the Tweaks/Remotes and Accessories forum should really be renamed Misc. Hardware. That's what it is anyway, but the current name is clunky and misleading.

It should be named "Misc Hardware and Tweaks", and the description underneath should say something to the effect of "anything hardware-related that doesn't fit into the other groups, e.g., tweaks, remotes, other accessories, and general hardware issues."

I confess I'm not sure what is the ideal thing to do with "tweaks". No matter where you put them, there are problems. I can live with them in the "misc" group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks