What's new

The Truman Show (1 Viewer)

Steve_E

Agent
This is one of my favourite films of all time yet whenever I go to purchase the DVD I find myself choosing something else. You know why? Cause it hasnt got the package it so deserves.
Jim Carrey was on top form in this movie and proved he could be oscar worthy for serious acting. The story is biblical and the music.......well, its some of the most beautiful every produced. "Truman Sleeps" being simply wonderful. :)
I heard that there was a lot of footage, documentaries created for the purpose of being shown on a DVD. Does anyone know anything else about this?
But in the world where we have special editions of "killer clowns" and special editions of other films which are just painful to watch and panned worldwide. Howabout re-releasing a DVD, a special edition DVD no less of a film which created major uproar when Jim Carey didnt get the oscar he so deserved. A film which is in the hearts of everyone who has watched it.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Hey! Don't go bashing high quality stuff like Killer Klowns.
tongue.gif

------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Steve, welcome to the forum!
I couldn't agree more! I mean come on, couldn't they at least have made it anamorphic!?
But Julie's right, lay off Killer Klowns!
wink.gif

------------------
God bless the USA and the men and women of our military and their families!

Steve_E

Agent
lol about killer clowns! haha!!!! :)
He is against special editions? Alternative ending?
I new knew about this? Do you have any idea of what the alternative ending was?
I know they filmed some stuff with Truman outside in the real world, maybe this was it?
I'd love them to just get a bunch of out-takes. Documentarys and an anamorphic print. Plus a trailer of killer clowns to please others. :)

Julie K

Screenwriter
lol about killer clowns
KLOWNS! It's Killer KLOWNS From Outer Space. I applaud MGM for giving this fine film the treatment it deserved.
Oh yeah, I'd buy a Truman Show Special Edition too. :)
------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Heheh...Picnic at Hanging Rock was not a special edition, it only had trailers on it for extras.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD does anyone know what the alternate ending was?!!!
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"
Link Removed

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I would love to get a new copy of Truman. If nothing else I want an anamorphic picture. Extra featuers would make me happy too. Cast and or Director commentary would be wonderful. Isolated score would also be great.
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I decided to bump this thread. We need a SE of The Truman Show. This is a film that will be considered a classic decades from now. It deserves the special edition treatment. Anyone from Paramount, pop this in and watch it again and tell me it doesn't deserve better treatment.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I also would love to see a new edition! I would gladly replace my own copy if the contents were good enough.

I'd love to see the Alternate ending! Does anyone know what it was?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
When Truman goes through the door, he enters the "Truman Gift Shop", where he and the girl meet and embrace

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks