What's new

The Tripods (1 Viewer)

Billy Fogerty

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if this is on DVD here in the states? This was a great show that I watched on PBS years ago. I downloaded a few divx episodes from season 2. Very bad video. Would love to have the whole series on dvd. I'm sure it is available in England

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
To my knowledge, it is not available in Region 1. Personally, I'd like to also get a copy - I've never seen "season 2" - but am too lazy and cheap to get a multi-regional player.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Season 1 is out in R2, I have it. Season 2 was listed in Amazon but is not available. Not sure if it was pulled or what. I've see a few copies for sale from time to time for a high price.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
This is a TV show and belongs in that forum, ;), but to answer your question, the second season has not yet reached DVD according to wikipedia. As you probably know, there was no third season so the story was not resolved (third novel left unadapted).

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit

The cynical would say that the second book wasn't either, as the TV show was so different as to be virtually unrecognisable!

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
Season one can be found going cheap on www.sendit.com
It's a region 0 release, but make sure your system can handle PAL. Season two is apparently held up due to rights - some film company now has an option on the books ( not sure which company or what the current status of the project is ).

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
The film company in question is Disney/Touchstone. The more recent reports state that they have hired Gregor Jordan to make the movie for release in 2007, but there is no sign of any filming starting soon. The Season 1 DVD set was released in violation of that option with Disney, but no one at Second Sight or the BBC was aware of that situation until about a month before the Season 2 DVD set was supposed to hit shelves.

http://www.gnelson.demon.co.uk/tripage/film.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441811/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks