What's new

The Triplets of Belleville (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I saw this last night, and I must say I loved it. Charming is the best way to put it although the frog stew was a little strange.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
The Triplets of Belleville
8.5 of 10

To me the film felt a little bit like classic Tom and Jerry with better artwork. It's a good spirit, somewhat basic story, and of course effectively no dialog. The animation is outstanding and interesting. It clearly shows that you don't need 3-D CPU work to create great animated features. It wasn't mind blowing, but it was cute, fun, and rather unique looking.

I thought it was stronger in the beginning than toward the end, though the final chase was charming.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Well, there is also Millenium Actress, which should have been nominated over Brother Bear, tho in the end, the right film won.

I have a lot of respect for Belleville for being its own beast. It isn't often that we get such a unique treat.

Jason

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Triplets is a great movie and I would recommend it. I love percussion fueled songs, and this movie is full of it. The animation is beautiful, and do not be disarmed by the fact that it is a silent film.

Ryan

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

Oops.. I did a search for "Belleville" and nothing came up. I should know better than to trust that fast search.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks