Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Title: The Trial of the Chicago 7

Genre: Drama, History

Director: Aaron Sorkin

Cast: Sacha Baron Cohen, Eddie Redmayne, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Alex Sharp, Frank Langella, Mark Rylance, Jeremy Strong, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Noah Robbins, Max Adler, Ben Shenkman, Jeffrey Scott Basham, Alice Kremelberg, Kate Miller, Kathleen Garrett, Kelvin Harrison Jr., Michael Keaton, William Hurt, J. C. MacKenzie, Thomas Middleditch, Max Adler, John Carroll Lynch

Plot: The story of 7 people on trial stemming from various charges surrounding the uprising at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, Illinois.

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Netflix has acquired Aaron Sorkin's next film, The Trial of the Chicago 7, which was previously scheduled as a theatrical release via Paramount. Netflix will release it this year.

When I saw Sorkin's previous film, Molly's Game, I thought it was phenomenal but am pretty sure everyone in there was at least double my age. He tends to make smart, talky dramas that are specifically intended for older adults, so it makes sense for Netflix to take this in this moment. In normal times, I absolutely. would have paid to see this in a theater. However, since older adults are more susceptible to the virus, it makes sense that a film designed for that audience would be riskier to release in a theatrical environment at this time. Since I sadly have no plans to return to the theater until there is a vaccine, I'm glad I'll still get to see this one this year. It certainly has a great cast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
HBO had a play for television on this subject way back in the mid 80s. It was great. I look forward to Sorkin’s take on this.

Reactions: TravisR
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Royce Fox