The Transporter

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Nguyen, Aug 10, 2002.

1. David Nguyen

David Nguyen Stunt Coordinator

Is there any advance word on this movie? I just saw the trailer for this new movie produced by Luc Besson, and I have to say it looked pretty interesting; typical Besson style shots, along with some crazy action choreography. I believe it is directed by Cory Yuen who I don't particularly adore. Nevertheless, I'll defintely be seeing this September 13.

2. BooneG

BooneG Stunt Coordinator

I saw this movie through various channels and I have to say that I liked it. It's not the type of movie that you would think that Corey Yuen directed but it was a good action movie.

3. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Aw, I was all set to post my news in an ALL-NEW thread... [​IMG]
    Here's the trailer! The writers over at CHUD.com have been foamin' at the mouth for this trailer, and I gotta admit it's pretty damn cool. Have a look!
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/the_transporter/
    I love that last kick! [​IMG]

4. RossTerry

RossTerry Guest

that looks very cool

5. Quentin

Quentin Cinematographer

Quentin H
    "Kiss of the Dragon" had a cool trailer too...[​IMG]

6. David Rogers

David Rogers Supporting Actor

I was going to mention Kiss of the Dragon.
    Transporter has a awesome trailer ... it's got a lot of action, has a ton of style, and everyone I've talked to has a strong interest in the film now.
    But KotD also had a cool trailer, and the movie turned out to be HELLA SLOW compared to how it was advertised. There was action in KotD, and some rather good action at that, but you had to sit through about an hour of not very well handled plot to get at the 30mins or so of killer fight scenes.
    I can't help but think of that as I ponder Transporter. It looks good ... but what are they not showing? [​IMG]
    Watching cautiously .. but damn that trailer is excellent.

7. Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert Second Unit

I have a little more faith in The Transporter than KoD. Even if the story is weak, Jason Statham is a much better actor than Jet Li will ever be. He could carry the movie on his own. Case in point: Ghosts of Mars - a terrible movie, but Statham gave a great performance. Having him as the lead should (hopefully) give The Transporter a better shot at success.

8. clemente

clemente Agent

The Kiss of the Dragon connection is the only thing tempering my excitement over this flick. I saw the trailer and absolutely loved it, if the whole movie can deliver on the prmoise of this trailer, we should have a hella fun movie....but even that's a rare thing to find these days.

Not to be disagreable, but Jet Li was the only thing that kept my interest in KOD. It started out well, but it dragged so bad in the middle, put any other action type actor in there and I'd have tuned out.

9. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

10. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer