What's new

The Transformers: The Movie (1986) 20th Anniversary DVD (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's because he transformed into a gun that looked so real, if they were to release him again here in gun form he'd have to have an orange or red tip. I see that the Japanese Megatron will have an orange barrel, yeah, that'll last five minutes when I repaint that bitch black. ;)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
It's about being able to tell the difference between real guns and toy guns, which has been an issue with law enforcement for some time. The law went into affect quite awhile ago, which is one of the reasons Megatron has not been a gun in the U.S. since the 1980s. Think about how often we used to hear about police killing someone who had a toy gun that looked like a real gun because they thought they were in danger.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Meh, i'm 34 years old, have no kids and the figure will go from the package to the shelf and it will never leave that spot except to dust it off and anyone who tries to touch it will pull back a stump.

Believe me i'm in zero danger of taking it outside to play with it where i'll be shot by police lol. Besides there's just no way that i'm going to tolerate having a high quality Megatron for the first time in 20 years and have it have an orange barrel. ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Man, looking back I cannot believe how reckless and suicidal I was back in 86 when I took my Megatron outside to play with lol. :rolleyes

Yep, I was a real rebel, I used to point it at my friends and everything, can you believe that I actually did that!? :rolleyes

The whole thing is completely ridiculous IMO.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
It's only ridiculous until someone gets shot because someone can't tell the difference between a toy gun and a real gun. This isn't exactly a new restriction.

Antony James

Stunt Coordinator
I love the idea that toy guns have to have bright identifiers on them, but cell phones can still be completely black...wasn't there a guy a few years back who got blown away when the cops thought his phone was a gun?

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

Well, there have also been times when cops thought the metal part of an unbuckled seatbelt might have been a gun and have shot the driver of a vehicle...when the driver was driving the car toward people.

It's one thing when a cop has to make a split-second decision and makes a mistake. It's quite another when a cop actually sees a gun and can't tell that it's a toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks