What's new

The Train Wreck called Earth: Final Conflict finally stops (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Next week is the series finale. The show went from great, to crappy, to worse, perked up a bit for the end of season 4, and proceeded on a final dive into the black hole for all of season 5
Such a shame :frowning: It started off so well.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jeff: The title to this thread is terrific! Got my attention--and I don't even watch the show. Love it! :) JB

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
A few times I've been tempted to ask this forum what had happened to EFC. The first four series were shown in the UK a couple of months after the USA. This year, nothing. Looks like we haven't missed anything.

My wife and I have never worked out why we continued to watch the first four series. After a reasonable (but far from brilliant) start, it plummeted in quality, as Jeff has neatly described. There were other, more enjoyable, things we could have done with our time: watched the shopping channels, replay Wesley-heavy episodes of ST:TNG, cleaned the drains with our tongues... I think it had a morbid fascination like a dead cat in a ditch. You know it's sick, but you can't stop yourself from looking.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes Andrew, it got even worse this year, despite the guest starring of Boone for a few episodes.
(On the flip side, I actually got a Jack Briggs seal of approval. Now I KNOW we're all doomed :) )

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Andromeda is not even close to going as down hill as EFC. I actually Enjoy Andromeda lately. EFC just kept killing off everyone .

capt

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, even post-Wolfe, "Andrommeda" is still decent. Of course, who knows what will happen to it come next season, after Captain Hercules & co. have completely made it over -- supposedly this season's finale basically does an extremely quick wrap-up of just about every macrostory they've got going so that they can start being just another Star Trek clone afterward. :angry:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Frankly I was completely bored with the first episode on Andromeda. I've seen it recently, it's not much better

Why oh why can't they just release the first season of E:FC on DVD? From what I hear, ADV had to buy E:FC to get Andromeda, but who knows

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
I used to like Earth Final Conflict quite a bit and am still interested in how they're gonna wrap it up. Anyone care to post a synopsis of the past week's next to last show?
As for Andromeda, I still really like the show. I'm not sure why everyone is so against it. To me at least, bad Science Fiction is better than NO Science Fiction at all:)!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I only saw a few random episodes of E:FC, but they were decent. The basic story seemed interesting, though I never knew the details.

As for Andromeda, I watched it a few times first season, but it has sucked me in this season. Currently, I think it's a better show than Enterprise. And it's the best sci-fi show on network TV (so, that's not saying a whole lot). I really like the complex (relatively speaking) relationships and motivations and the continuing storyline.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The episode before they'd discovered a vaccine to remove the hybrid DNA, which Sandoval stole, and then sold back in exchange for a pardon. I'll skip the retarded parts, but a soldier that Rene' loves got shot when he found the vaccine plant was manned by hybrids, and he was fatally wounded in the process. Rene injected him with hybrid DNA to cure him, and then they'll cure him of hybridness later. Throughout the ep she had been visted by the one remaining Taelon who induced a clip show, and now she knows her destiny is on the mothership

Ron Gilbert

Stunt Coordinator
One thing I've always liked about E:FC is the technology design and some of the concepts. Cyber Viral Implants, the look and "feel" of the monitors, the Globals, and the Interdimensional Tranport Portals. Maybe because I came to the show late in its run, I never got a sense of the impact these technologies had on the world, except when they seemed to showcase the evils of technology run amok. A lot of missed oppurtunities with this show.

I would love to see a scifi show that took the basic premise of E:FC and had the courage to take it to logical extremes without dressing it up in action-for-actions sake conflict. Aliens arrive on Earth, with perhaps a secretive, but by no means evil, agenda. What's next!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks