the trailers on the Pearl Harbor disc

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Wooten, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

hi. i hope im not bringing up something that someone else already started a thread over, or brought up in general, but i rented pearl harbor the other day and when watching the two trailers for the film i noticed that niether one was the same as was shown in theaters. did anyone else notice that? on the teaser its not the same Hans Zimmer track bc i remember for a fact it being the song Journey to the Line. and in the second trailer i know they had a few more shots of Kate than originally. do studios do this often? bc i can't remember seeing things like that too often.

2. Andy Kim

Andy Kim Second Unit

"Journey to the Line" could no longer be used, thus the teaser was cut to different music. The trailer also originally had "Journey to the Line" when it first came out but I believe due to legal issues it was changed to "The Crow"/Steve Jablonsky music.

The teaser on the DVD is now cut to music from the movie, and the trailer included is the international trailer. If you've seen the German trailer, I believe its the same.

3. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

Oh good, Im not the only one who noticed. I was disappointed that the trailer was altered. I liked the original that was in theaters and that I have on mah harddrive.