What's new

The Tour de Georgia whizzed by a little while ago.... (1 Viewer)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
not 100 yards away from my front door. Those guys are so fast it was over in 15 seconds!!! I had time to get 4 pictures with my digital Nikon and that was it. The leader (Lance Armstrong?) was by me before I could even get the camera level. :)

Absolutely amazing.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Is Mario Cippolini there this year? I thought it was so cool when Mario stopped to give some nice looking young lady a smooch halfway into the race... That's living it up!

Jay

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

He announced that this year was his last Tour de France before the start of the Tour de Georgia. He is also the defending Tour de Georgia champ and is using it as a tune up for the TDF.

I was in Strasbourg, France, in 2001 for the end of a Tour stage. Little did I know it would be a sprint finish. Once the cyclist came whizzing by, I just shot pictures on auto and burned a full roll in about five seconds. I actually got a few useful pics. Unfortunately, Lance was not in yellow at the time so I could not pick him out. I am still amazed that I would stand for hours for just a few seconds but I wouldn't have missed it. Plus, I had a great Alsatian lunch.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I looked it up after I made my post and found that he does indeed use this race as a tune-up and won last year (if the net can be believed).

Users who are viewing this thread