What's new

The Tomorrow War (2021) (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Don't think so. They mentioned it, then said there was another "coming up," but I don't think it had any consequence in the film. Not sure why they even mentioned it.
Once a week they would stay in their hives and that’s when the humans did their jumps.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
correct, but was wondering if why the aliens did that was revealed. Looks like it wasn’t
How many movies do? One of my favorites, Tremors, doesn’t. The characters do some speculation, but nothing beyond that.

Actually I think that once they discover another species of alien, a character speculates the ravaging aliens are the weapon, not the primary species. They’re to do the dirty work and kill everything off.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
How many movies do? One of my favorites, Tremors, doesn’t. The characters do some speculation, but nothing beyond that.
Unless it's revealed to be so in one of the many sequels (which I haven't seen), the Graboids aren't aliens.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Unless it's revealed to be so in one of the many sequels (which I haven't seen), the Graboids aren't aliens.
Read Crawdaddy’s sig line, but lets not argue about a movie not being discussed here. I just don’t need answers to every detail.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

‘The Tomorrow War 2’: Amazon & Skydance Already In Talks For Sequel Reteaming With Chris Pratt, Director Chris McKay & More​

Unnecessary!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don’t feel like this film left any room for a compelling sequel. The story was self contained, and the characters weren’t fleshed out in such a way as to demand more time be spent with them in a different context.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't see a need for a sequel. I also don't think there is much more to tell with this story, but money always talks louder than sense.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I watched some of this today.
Decent start.

Watched the beginning on the Firestick.
It says that Atmos is available but I had to go into audio options to choose it, still didn’t activate.
Switched over to Atv Prime and Atmos fired right up.

Also and maybe it’s supposed to look that way but it was dark and hard to see much of anything so I punched up the bright and contrast a little and I just couldn’t get it to look decent.
Have had this issue with 4K hdr shows on Prime before so maybe that what it is.

Last edited:

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Actually I think that once they discover another species of alien, a character speculates the ravaging aliens are the weapon, not the primary species. They’re to do the dirty work and kill everything off.
But I don’t remember in Tremors that the movie cited a very specific, possible intelligent, reason unknown action that the graboids did and then never followed up ok.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
But I don’t remember in Tremors that the movie cited a very specific, possible intelligent, reason unknown action that the graboids did and then never followed up ok.
It was the filmmakers intention to allow the audience to speculate on their own about the graboids, by not giving us any details about them or their origin. Now, back to "The Tomorrow War".

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
During Covid, our cable company changed all the cable boxes etc. to ones getting their signal through wifi. It also gave us apps. For the first time we were able to subscribe to streaming services and see them in our living rooms instead of squinting on an iPad. In addition to these, I have been astonished by the usually excellent quality of most YouTube offerings.

I have been having fun making DVDs of things from You-Tube to fill up gaps in my collection with my recordable DVD player. I still also use this to copy network shows on to DVD-RW that I am afraid will stop issuing discs and leave my collection incomplete. I intend to buy "The Tomorrow War" when it is out on Blu-ray. To tide me over, I tried to record it from Amazon last night. For the first time a 🚫 appeared and Amazon was not having it. I was not even mildly surprised, although I did wonder if they would bother to put a protection against basically obsolete equipment any more.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Please put a spoiler tag on this if you think that is appropriate (l can't seem to figure it out).

Ok, how about this? If the aliens are killed, before they started their war, everything should have flipped back to the beginning. Since they did not, another queen must have escaped. -- sequal?

This was addressed in the movie.
They can’t pick a specific time to jump to.
Time in the future and the present continues moving forward.
Jumping from present to future and back again just takes you to that time I think they said 30 years but I’m not sure what the exact time was.
So it’s always 30 years no matter where in time you are.

Also I think their jumps are always 7 days.
So regardless of what happens they go to the future for 7 days and when they jump back it will be 7 days from when they left.

Not sure why the timeline of the previous time before that would get reset.

the ship carrying the white spikes (I assume) crashes sometime way back in the past and then what, just waits there to be frozen over by a polar ice cap, then global warming :rolleyes: thaws the ship and white spikes escape. This would lead me to believe that the crew died in the original crash, but what prevented the white spikes from escaping then?
What did you see that made you think they were just sitting there in the ship waiting to thaw out?
They clearly showed the pilots had died and then said out loud that it appeared that they crashed.
The white white spikes were in a chamber that had them in a sleep like state as in the passengers in Alien.
With respect to the movie at hand, though, there was one thing that I failed to notice. Were there non-Spike skeletons in the pilot's compartment? Something akin to Alien's "Space Jockey" that was obviously not the same species they'd been fighting?
Yes that was when Pratt and the others walked right past some kind of creatures apparently hanging in what they think was the cockpit. They said it.

Seems like many of the comments are from someone who didn’t even watch it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Anyway. I really liked this movie.
Sure there were a bunch of illogical events but so what.

It had all likable characters.
People you cared about what happens to them.
Lots of stuff got blown up.

The Aliens were really creepy and scary.

I felt plenty of edge of my seat tension as it was leading up to the first jump and then while walking around Miami.

Was just a big fun summer movie.

I mean come on guys what are you watching this movie for if you know you’re just gonna pick it apart. How is that any fun

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Anyway. I really liked this movie.
Sure there were a bunch of illogical events but so what.

It had all likable characters.
People you cared about what happens to them.
Lots of stuff got blown up.

The Aliens were really creepy and scary.

I felt plenty of edge of my seat tension as it was leading up to the first jump and then while walking around Miami.

Was just a big fun summer movie.

I mean come on guys what are you watching this movie for if you know you’re just gonna pick it apart. How is that any fun

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I watched this earlier today, my brother liked it and recommended it. I thought it was a good Summer popcorn movie, but I doubt I'd ever revisit it. It did remind me an awful lot of Starship Troopers, the Thing, and Alien in particular. Heck, there was even a bit of Enemy at the Gates in it with the people being thrown into a meat grinder with apparently minimal training and inadequate weapons (remember the scene in Gates when the officer or NCO hands a rifle to one solider and a stripper clip of ammo to another when they get off the boat crossing the Volga). The weak small caliber carbine/rifle that is issued to the civilian soldiers in this film is clearly inadequate and the folks shooting them aren't even advised as to the weak points of the enemy until one of the other draftees tells them. I was wondering why no one had grenades or even a heavier weapon outside of the one guy with the shotgun. Even the future army is running around with lightly armored Humvees (where were the tanks?). They had F-22s and Blackhawks but had no armored support on the ground?

Oh well, it was still fun.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They had been fighting the war for three years or so. I'd imagine resources were running dry and much of the major weaponry had been destroyed by that time, or was now in areas that were inaccessible due to infestation. Likely there was no ammo and/or limited fuel to run machinery like tanks. Oil wells and refineries and ammo factories would have long since been destroyed and/or the people necessary to run them had been killed (only about a half-million people remain on the entire Earth at the time of the movie, and they're constantly being hunted/killed).

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I don't see a need for a sequel. I also don't think there is much more to tell with this story, but money always talks louder than sense.
I agree with no need for a sequel, very satisfying ending. However there could be more to tell. T2 really should have ended the franchise but cha-ching. Toy Story 3, wonderful ending. The story was over. However TS4 was very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks