The title of Mariah Carey's new song.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jacob_St, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Jacob_St

Jacob_St Second Unit

It's called "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life". I can't think of a more retarded (and desperate) title for a song. It reads like she wrote it during her recent lock up. I almost want to listen to it once just to experience how bad it is. I wonder if it mentions padded cells anywhere in the chorus?

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

3. Jason_H

Jason_H Second Unit

Old disco song from the early eighties by a New York group called Indeep. No, I'm not a fan, just a random fact I know...it has been covered by a lot of people, including Madonna (I think).

4. Jacob_St

Jacob_St Second Unit

Guess that's what I get for knowing zero about disco. It still sounds like a very corny title for a song.

5. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

To be fair, the title is as nothing compared to the track itself when it comes to corn level. Does she have a best-of coming out soon? Digging up old records to cover is the usual tactic when trying to stuff a new track on a hastily-made best-of compilation.

6. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    I saw a commercial for her new dual disc greatest hits collection on TV last night but has Mariah had any hits since #1's was released? Back in the early 90's I was her biggest fan and it feels like her music has stayed the same while my tastes have matured a bit. Competing R&B artists from that era like Boys II Men and Toni Braxton have grown up but she is still hanging on to that bubblegum image.