What's new

The title of Mariah Carey's new song. (1 Viewer)

Jacob_St

Second Unit
It's called "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life". I can't think of a more retarded (and desperate) title for a song. It reads like she wrote it during her recent lock up. I almost want to listen to it once just to experience how bad it is. I wonder if it mentions padded cells anywhere in the chorus?

Jason_H

Second Unit
Old disco song from the early eighties by a New York group called Indeep. No, I'm not a fan, just a random fact I know...it has been covered by a lot of people, including Madonna (I think).

Jacob_St

Second Unit
Guess that's what I get for knowing zero about disco. It still sounds like a very corny title for a song.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
To be fair, the title is as nothing compared to the track itself when it comes to corn level. Does she have a best-of coming out soon? Digging up old records to cover is the usual tactic when trying to stuff a new track on a hastily-made best-of compilation.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I saw a commercial for her new dual disc greatest hits collection on TV last night but has Mariah had any hits since #1's was released? Back in the early 90's I was her biggest fan and it feels like her music has stayed the same while my tastes have matured a bit. Competing R&B artists from that era like Boys II Men and Toni Braxton have grown up but she is still hanging on to that bubblegum image.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks