What's new

The Time Machine - remake (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Don't flame me--I never saw the original or read the book.

That said, the trailer for this movie got me excited, in a way that POTA didn't when it was announced as coming out.

John Torrez

Second Unit
I've seen the original movie and really liked it but have never read the book it was based on. And after seeing the trailers on tv for the new one it has got me excited.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I was not impressed by the Time Machine trailer. The action sequences looked like something from The Mummy 3, and the Stargate music is out of left field. Plus the plot seems a whole LOT like the Planet of the Apes remake.
I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong, but this one looks pretty weak to me.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I dunno, the movie does NOT look like it follows the original novella outside of the Morlocks, and the presence of Mr. 7-upyours is NOT encouraging. Only Chris Tucker is currently above Orlando Jones in my "To beat" list :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I guess you mean that it appears the story will end up focusing on him saving the day from the Morlocks? Hmmm, could be. I hope not.

It's funny cause I really like O.Jones and think his ability to back off and not demand attention makes him a good comic actor. Every film he has been in has been horrible (that I can think of) but none were his fault at all. Bedazzled, Say It Isn't So, Evolution.

The closest thing to being like Tucker might have been him screaming to cut his leg off in Evolution, and that was one of the funny bits in that terrible film.

Maybe people just don't like the 7-up commercials?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
If anything, this interesting thread has inspired me to put the DVD of the original Time Machine film on the top of the list for "movie night" tonight.

Scott Littlefield

Stunt Coordinator
I hope this doesn't come across as nitpicky, but in the trailer Orlando Jones tells the Time Traveller that "The Time Machine" was originally a book by H. G. Wells and later became a Broadway show by Andrew Lloyd Weber. So in their reality, there is a work of fiction called "The Time Machine" by H. G. Wells that tells the story of a man that travels into the future and meets two races called the Morlocks and the Eloi.

Then it appears that the Traveller actually goes into the future and meets these two races in "reality"! Does this bug anyone else or is it just me?

Or was that scene just for the trailer and will not actually be in the movie?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Seth, I'm sorry to say this, but what Scott writes in the above post is not encouraging. What say you?

Paul Mason

Stunt Coordinator
"The biggest problem with time travel is finding a shop which has the same dummy in the same spot in the window for 80 years."

(paraphrase of Terry Pratchett)

I was a fan of the book long before I saw the 1960 movie. I quite like it but I wouldn't call it a classic, it certainly didn't do the book justice. I did quite like the talking spinning discs though.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
That scene is strange. You would think that's because he went into the future and that's why that particular moment is in there. But being that this movie is The Time Machine, shouldn't it be presented as real and actually happening, and not some work of fiction? Maybe someone wrote a book about his adventures, but then that wouldn't be fiction would it. Weird!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks