What's new

The Time Machine (1960) coming to blu-ray next year (1 Viewer)

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I watched the SD about 2 months ago in my HT upscaled and I have to tell you that the print was really good that they used. I can't wait to see it on BD!

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
AshJW said:
Me too.
And the remake would also be nice.
No, correct that, only a "couple" people are interested in the remake (the one with the Jeremy Irons Morlock and the Navajo Eloi)--
The rest of us want the CLASSIC.

(I was hoping this could soften WAC's heart about bringing more of their classic titles to MOD Blu-ray, and maybe even a George Pal three-movie boxset, only...which three movies would you have chosen?) ;)

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
The remake is watchable not brilliant but okay, I like it more than I probably should because I love the original one of my favorite movies. It has a special kind of magic to it, cozy good old engulfing moviemaking that makes you forget time and place, and especially now with December and Christmas coming up it's long been traditional viewing.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Really? I'm seriously dubious this is true and really hope it is true! This thread is a good indication that more then a couple are interested :) : http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/304471-is-the-time-machine-1960-ever-coming-to-blu-ray/?hl=%20the%20%20time%20%20machineMaybe this will the last year I watch the DVD during the holiday break.I looked up the thread that Ron started to announce that Warner Archive was releasing its first blu rays. In rereading it, it's saying that the blu rays will be an on-demand product with limited quantities. This is just like the DVD model where they make the discs on demand and are DVD-R's. What I'm hoping for is the disc will include all the great extras included on the DVD. The Rod Taylor hosted film about the making of the film and it's effect on the public is great. If not, I will not be getting rid of my DVD of The Time Machine anyway. I'll take a guess that the blu ray is probably 10 to 11 months away, but sooner would be great! Agreed the DVD release is a really good transfer! The colors are nicely saturated and the image is sharp for a DVD. You can see the painted backdrops in the underground caves and a few other things that you probably should not. I imagine a new blu ray master will increase the richness of the image and darken the image where it shouldn't be so bright, like the caves.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ejanss, unfortunately, the other two movies I would chose are Paramount titles that I would love to see released on George Pal blu ray box set, The War of the Worlds and When Worlds Collide.

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
Nelson Au said:
I looked up the thread that Ron started to announce that Warner Archive was releasing its first blu rays. In rereading it, it's saying that the blu rays will be an on-demand product with limited quantities. This is just like the DVD model where they make the discs on demand and are DVD-R's.
Make no mistake, this gem is coming through WHV, not WAC :)

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Nelson Au said:
I looked up the thread that Ron started to announce that Warner Archive was releasing its first blu rays. In rereading it, it's saying that the blu rays will be an on-demand product with limited quantities. This is just like the DVD model where they make the discs on demand and are DVD-R's.
Everything I've seen from WAC is that their Blu-Rays are pressed, not burned, and that's been the case with those released so far.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
As previous poster stated, now we need When Worlds Collide and War of the Worlds to complete the George Pal Trifecta!!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
for the other Pal films, War of the Worlds tops and a Smilebox Brothers Grimm, also if WB is paying attention , it would be real nice to release " Time After Time (1979) as well

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
GREAT news to wake up to! Also good to know it's a straight release and not an "Archive" one, nor a "double feature" release. Warner could have EASILY released this by now as a "double feature" with, say, Time After Time, and I'm very thankful to Warner for waiting to give it an individual release that this classic calls for. Rod Taylor, Alan Young and Yvette Mimieux are still around; perhaps they'd reunite for a commentary, or at least new interviews. The 1993 doc is a great gem, but a little dated and way more specific on the Time Machine prop itself. Would love a new and more in-depth doc for the movie as a whole. Either way, it's a must-have for me and am looking forward to owning in on Blu!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks