What's new

The Time Machine (1960) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Ejanss said:
It's also from Sunn Classic Pictures (yes, the Noah's Ark people), back when they were trying to break into 70's TV pilots. Definitely in the "Nothing to see here" column, but at least we don't have PC Na'vi Eloi, and wasn't personally mangled by HG's relatives. ;)
Off topic but I would love to have the Sunn Classics Library on Blu or even DVD. Most of those early titles did a lot of business in southern states even if most titles were 4-walled.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
My order is in, as well. Go HTF!

I hope to hell we'll see '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' (1954) on Blu as well one of these days.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Mark Booth said:
+1

I am SO looking forward to 'Swiss Family Robinson' eventually being released on Blu-ray!

Mark
Brad here. So am I actually. I remember seeing bits & pieces of this movie (at least I think it was SFW) in a theatre as a 7 year old.
Wasn't there one scene where the girl (who the other two boys thought was another boy) had to cross a river or something and one boy suggested they could swim across after taking off their clothes. To which of course the girl reacted in horror. Or am I thinking of another movie.

Hopefully sometime I'll get to find out.
Who owns the rights to SFW anyway? I always thought it was Disney but I could be wrong.

UPDATE: Amazing what Uncle Google can do for you. Got all my answers.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Oh and saw this artwork on the Web as a possible cover (from "that other site"):

TheTimeMachine_JPEG.jpg

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
........and When Worlds Collide in a double bill although I think they would sell ok on their own.

Come on WB/Paramount please just do a HD transfer of those then perhaps sell all 3 together for a slightly higher price as a George Pal collection I am sure they would be well received!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Warner Bros. used to care about our voices here on HTF. Now, I doubt it. We've been pleading with them to release WAR OF THE WORLDS and DRAGONSLAYER and a bunch of other Paramount titles ever since they acquired the Paramount titles, and so far we've had few and far between. Oh, Mr. Feltenstein, where are you when we need you?

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I've written to Warner Bros. customer service about two dozen times over the last 3-4 years, encouraging them to release 'The Majestic' on Blu-ray. They've never responded to a single email.

Mark

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Dick said:
Warner Bros. used to care about our voices here on HTF. Now, I doubt it. We've been pleading with them to release WAR OF THE WORLDS and DRAGONSLAYER and a bunch of other Paramount titles ever since they acquired the Paramount titles, and so far we've had few and far between. Oh, Mr. Feltenstein, where are you when we need you?
The Warner/Paramount agreement only began January 1, 2013, a little over a year ago. Give them a little time, I'm sure if the HD master has been produced by Paramount they will release those in Blu. But you have to remember they don't own the library and are not responsible for the HD masters. They, as Olive, rely on what Paramount has available.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Tommy R said:
BREAKING NEWS! Here's the official cover art:
AprilFools.png

My god! What an AWFUL design. :( They should've stuck with the original poster art.

APRIL FOOLS
I hope this is an April Fool's joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks