What's new

The Tick: The Entire Season - Press Release (1 Viewer)

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
THE TICK was produced by Larry Charles (TV's "Seinfeld," "Dilbert" and "Mad About You")
Any word on a possible Dilbert DVD?

Another great series - I got the impression that it was canceled because the plots were coming disturbingly close to corporate reality (strange as that might seem for an apparently very surreal series).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dilbert got as far as a date given to the press as the official announce date for a "Season 1" DVD release. The announce date was the same as the one for The Tick, with a projected street date of 9/30. Then Columbia said that the title was not going to be announced after all, and that the new announce date (and street date) was "to be decided". There has been no new word on this since then.

Since it is one of the TV-on-DVD poll-winners, I expect it will come out sooner or later. Perhaps they had one of those pesky legal/rights issues to iron out, though I can't imagine why. Perhaps it's more about strategy, to put it on the market at a time when it will sell better in their opinion. Who knows? But I expect to see it sooner or later, no fear here.

If you see any e-tailer's taking pre-orders for this set (ahem, DVDEmpire), then don't do it. You'll get nothing. They still haven't reacted to the cancellation notice and taken down the listing from their site. Oh, well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks