What's new

The Tick on tonight... first impressions? (1 Viewer)

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
And you gotta love The Tick's antennae!!
The antennae are so expressive by themselves. I loved it. I hope they keep it up.
------------------
smallhb.jpg

Adrian Jones

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The antennae are pure genius. Someone needs an Emmy for them. They didn't put the mask on, because in order to do the eyes properly they'd have to CG EVERY SHOT the Tick was in. Waayyy to expensive. I think it's fine
Did they do the flagpole bit? (Comic readers will know what I mean), missed the first 10min
frown.gif

Jeff Kleist

Rob T

Screenwriter
I loved it!
Arthur: No offense intended.
Tick None comprehended.
LOL
I was also a fan of the cartoon and I want it on DVD!

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Unlike most in this thread, I didn't go in with any preconceived notions because I've never read the comic or seen the animated show. I was hoping for Police Squad-type brilliance, but it fell short of that lofty goal.
I was amused at points and will tune in again. It makes a nice bridge between Whose Line... and Will & Grace for those of us who never watch Friends or Survivor.
"Gravity is a harsh mistress."
Rob
------------------
"That suits me down to the ground."

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Sadly, no flagpole bit and so far, no million zillion ninjas. Here is hoping, though!
Phil
PS And hey, where is the viewfinder???
:)
------------------
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Watched it, enjoyed it. Hope it improves.
I watched the cartoon series when it was on Sat morning cartoons, some years ago. The voice for the Tick in the cartoon was perfect -- that's the biggest weakness of the new series, Patrick W's voice isn't quite The Tick.
I've recently read the first 15 or so of the original comics (a friend has them). I think the new series fairly well captured the essence of both the cartoon and the comics.
My favorite lines were the little throw away lines, that only work in context.
The "Single file!" when the tick is fighting with the German bad guys, followed with a random "Don't do drugs!"
Then, fighting the Red Scare, after a helmeted head-butt, "Ow! Cut it out!" and then after a few 'parries' the Tick comments, "Hmm. Nice helmet." :)

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
I'm also hoping for a million zillion ninjas and a Thorn of Oblivion (wait, that's just a big piece of candy corn), but I'm afraid that 1st story arc would just leave tv viewers scratching their heads.
~~Nathan
------------------
...just lost drunken men who don't know where they are and no longer care.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
quote:
wonder if we'll see the Sea Urchin?
[/quote]
Wouldn't that be sewer urchin who lives in the sewers! :)
When do they go to the Evil Eye?
One of my favorite Ticks from the animated series was "Multiple Santa" Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho...
And when do we meet Speak!???
After seeing my taped episode this weekend, so far it seems not as good as the animated series but we'll give it a couple episodes, everybody knows the first episode is usually left to character introductions and stuff..
Jay
...seems like there's no Futurama on tonight...Hmmmm, damm football. And I wish they would bring back Freakazoid!
------------------
HUGBEES!
Certified HTF bike nut and mayor of
Obscuria.
[Edited last by Jay H on November 11, 2001 at 05:22 PM]

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
And I wish they would bring back Freakazoid!
I love The Tick, but oh, man, I miss Freakazoid!
(Oh, and not to embarrass you or anything, Jay, but HUGGBEES has two Gs in it.)
-----------------------------------
"I will succeed!" - Hero Boy

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Ahh, actually I don't recall ever seeing it printed, but it's just a fun word to say... c'mon everybody, HUGGBEES!
:)
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.