The "Thunderbirds" Era has arrived!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Francois Caron, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
  2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Thunderbird 2 go!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. RickRO

RickRO Stunt Coordinator

Geeezzzzzz!!!!!

Can't blame an entrepreneur for wanting to try something different. However there are serious limitations to a craft such as this. In the article it said that it's cruising altitude is 8000 feet by no means is this an optimal altitude either for passenger comfort or for sightseeing. Having flown at 8000 feet numerous times there is a lot of nasty weather at that altitude (of course when there is bad weather) and at 8000 feet you just can not see a lot of detail on the ground!

It just looks like this is another "spruce goose" IMO.

4. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Well the thought of getting up and freely walking around in a mall-like atmosphere during a flight sounds pretty sweet. I hate being confined to a single seat with air blowing on my face to escape the smell of the guy next to me for several hours.

[​IMG]

5. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

we've had these before. I believe that one was featured in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

6. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

These "hybrid" vehicles, which lack both the speed of the aeroplane, and the fuel efficency and free-balloon characteristic [that is, it doesn't fall out of the sky when you turn off the engines] of the fully bouyant airship, have been proposed and played with for a long time. Suffice to say they have the weaknesses of both types of craft, and none of the strengths.