What's new

Pre-Order The Thrill of it All (1963) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
199241_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
As Arline Francis was about 55 when this was filmed, James Garner really was a miracle doctor for she gets pregnant on his advice that she and her husband take a cruise. Of course Lucille Ball also got pregnant when she was about 55 in "Yours, Mine, and Ours"

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
For me, the best & the smartest of the Doris Day comedies, not surprising when you see that the script was written by Larry Gelbart & Carl Reiner. I actually saw it at the cinema in 1963, & the best Blu-rays for me are the films I saw & loved in the sixties.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
For me, the best & the smartest of the Doris Day comedies, not surprising when you see that the script was written by Larry Gelbart & Carl Reiner. I actually saw it at the cinema in 1963, & the best Blu-rays for me are the films I saw & loved in the sixties.

This has one of my favorite screen credits as well: on the card with the "Jewels by..." credit it also says "Cameos by Carl Reiner." :laugh:

Thrilled this is coming to Blu!

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn

I agree totally with your comments and todays movies lack one major problem ....Movie Stars who had real screen presence and scripts that were in most cases so well written.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Prefer James Garner to Rock Hudson comedies.
Garner was always a favorite of mine going back to watching him in Maverick on TV and seeing him in The Great Escape during my first viewing of that film in a movie theater. Like myself, he was a huge Raiders fans and one of my "meeting a celebrity" highlights was meeting Garner at a Raiders game in the LA Coliseum back in 1989 and getting his autograph.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
"The Americanization Of Emily" is still my favorite James Garner movie. Per his autobiograhy it was his, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks