The Three Stooges

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jalil, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Jalil

Jalil Stunt Coordinator

I've seen a good amount of 3 stooges dvds out there.

I'm just wondering though, is there ONE definitive stooges collection, that contains all their episodes, in some kind of order?

Thanks,
    Jalil

2. Chuck West

Chuck West Stunt Coordinator

As far as I know, the DVDs put out by Columbia are the best out there. I own them all.

3. jacob w k

jacob w k Stunt Coordinator

I always see them around but have never actually bought any. Usually seems that they each have a few different episodes on each. I don't know if they are in any order though.

4. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

5. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Though many of the later shorts are just rehashes of the earlier ones. I would settle for a set of all the Curly and Shemp shorts and feel I can safely disregard the later ones.

The Columbia discs are all pretty good, and they've been getting better as they go. Some of the earlier discs had some fairly rough source prints.

Avoid the Madacy, Anchor Bay and other "collections" that just present the same 3 or 4 PD shorts (Columbia screwed up the copyright filings on these) in dubious quality and worse. The Anchor Bay disc with their TV show pilot has some interesting material on it that's nowhere else.