1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Three Stooges Ultimate Collection, March 27

Discussion in 'DVD' started by David Deeb, May 31, 2012.

1. Robbie^Blackmon

Robbie^Blackmon Stunt Coordinator

From the discussion of the short at the dot-net forum, I found this quote from Squirrelbait:
    "By the way, what exactly happened to cause a blackout in the scene with Moe and Curly under the bed? In the box set, that bit is missing altogether."

The discussion of individual films on that site often referred to then-available copies posted to YouTube. Older transfers of those films displayed any and all types of damage and repair. I've uploaded a clip to show what the scene looked like on vhs:

Could be blackout editing tape on the print to cover damage, or missing picture on the neg (blank picture area would print as black on the positive). Only the "fixed" version made it to the remastered sets.

Tony Bensley and moviebuff75 like this.
  2. Sa5150

Sa5150 Stunt Coordinator

steve
    This is missing from which box set ? I have the big box ultimate collection . Is this the best to have , Sure wish they would do a bluray all ready .

Tony Bensley and moviebuff75 like this.
  3. moviebuff75

moviebuff75 Supporting Actor

Eric Scott Richard
    That person specifically said that it was that way on the boxed set.

4. Robbie^Blackmon

The place where the screen goes black has been "fixed" on all the Sony dvds since 2007. It is now seamless, although the "Oh!", from the dialogue has been removed.

Tony Bensley, Sa5150 and moviebuff75 like this.
  5. Robbie^Blackmon

I used to post at threestooges.net (now moronika.com) years ago as "Thumptheshoes". Throughout the years, the forum has had its share of pranksters and false information. For instance, one member, Moron4392, claimed to have received a double volume 1 set of remastered shorts that included the first 19 colorized as well as in black and white. Never substantiated.

I can say for sure that I have the original 8, individual Stooges volumes as well as the later-issued boxed set that omits the anaglyph 3-d shorts. The content and the vob file dates on the "Ants.." disc are identical.

Tony Bensley, Sa5150 and moviebuff75 like this.
  6. Steburstein

Steburstein Extra

Steven Burstein
    And this was even one of the shorts Columbia reissued to theaters in the 70s!

Tony Bensley and Sa5150 like this.