The Three Stooges Ultimate Collection, March 27

Discussion in 'DVD' started by David Deeb, May 31, 2012.

1. Sa5150

Sa5150 Stunt Coordinator

steve
    highly recommend getting the dvd set , comes with a lot of goodies . better picture quality then decades (decades is broadcast in 480I , the dvds up-converted on a bluray player should look much sharper ) , no commercials and logos or other annoying things popping on the screen . $12.50 at amazon is a steal , it should be back in stock soon . I hope .

2. 82 Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    One of the Hallmarks of The Three Stooges 190 Columbia shorts is their reputation for being of near pristine quality.

Thus, the unexpected appearance of scratches and specks in the opening credits for IDIOTS DELUXE (1945) surprised me a bit. It is easily the worst that I've seen in the Curly, Larry and Moe shorts, so far, and I have been viewing these in order from their Columbia WOMAN HATERS (1934) debut! This is also the first Three Stooges short subject to feature the Comedy Mask adorned opening, and also the first in the '40s to not bear the "Columbia Short Subject Presentation" tagline. The body of this short otherwise lives up to the generally near pristine state of the Stooges Columbia Pictures film library, however!

The Debut Of The Three Stooges Comedy Mask Adorned Opening Bears Uncharacteristic (For The Stooges Columbia 190!) Film Damage! Note The Deep, And Somewhat Perforated Scratch That Runs Near The Right Edge Of The Image!:
    vlcsnap-2017-09-27-14h43m54s228.png

vlcsnap-2017-09-27-14h36m38s448.png

CHEERS! :)