What's new

The Three Stooges Ultimate Collection, March 27 (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by David Deeb /t/317781/the-three-stooges-ultimate-collection-march-27/150#post_3937432
I want the Rare Treasures set. Can Sony simply not be bothered to tell us when the "Rare Treasures" set will be on sale by itself?
I thought they said they weren't going to release it separate? the ones on Amazon look like 3rd party sellers, so probably broken up sets? No idea.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
David Deeb said:
I want the Rare Treasures set. Can Sony simply not be bothered to tell us when the "Rare Treasures" set will be on sale by itself?
My guess would be the fall since that'll give them time to sell some complete sets and still cash-in on the holidays too. Either way, I plan on waiting them out. :)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
TravisR said:
My guess would be the fall since that'll give them time to sell some complete sets and still cash-in on the holidays too. Either way, I plan on waiting them out. :)
Fall's probably a good guess. I'll just keep waiting it out too. And Sony will needlessly warehouse more copies than they have to, while the majority of Stooge fans wait for this eventual release.

Steve Satch

Stunt Coordinator
I got my ultimate collection for the 190 shorts. I could probably sell my Rare Treasures disc to someone here for a fair price if anyone wants it. I don't see myself really watching it more than once anyway. Send me a PM.
Thanks,
Steve

Essanay Paul

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
To my surprise i am enjoying the Joe Besser shorts much more than the Shemp shorts. Shemp's solo character is just too obnoxious and annoying for me to enjoy most of the time. Shemp is enjoyable when he is toned down. The story lines of the Shemp shorts are also very repetitious, they feel like remakes of each other when they are not.
Joe Besser shows that he could have been a good third stooge! It was just the poor scripts used at the tail run of their contract with Columbia that makes them bad.
The Joe De Rita shorts are a mixed bag, i enjoy the musical one the best yet Joe as little to do in it. Joe is also not bad clowning around in the kitchen, but oh that "Dennis The Menace" kid (I had to fast forward through that one)! I wonder if Hank Ketcham saw this kid when creating his Dennis the Menace character.

gunthertoody

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
Essanay Paul said:
To my surprise i am enjoying the Joe Besser shorts much more than the Shemp sports.
Me too. Besser carries the shorts all by himself and he is hilarious. Shemp is Shemp, and still funny, but much better as part of the Stooges.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Someone is once again selling the Rare Treasures DVD on Amazon, but the asking price is $32.99. For $12 more you can buy the entire Ultimate Collection, so it really makes no sense to pay that much of a premium for the Rare Treasures. Buy the Ultimate Collection and sell the rest (or give them away as gifts).

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Insane.

Me, I'm perfectly happy with the $48.20 I got from Amazon for the eight sealed volumes. Took all the pain of indecision away, and now I've got my complete mint set.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
It looks like those listings for the Rare Treasures discs are all from 3rd party sellers who likely separated them from the box set and are looking for a profit.

Steve Satch

Stunt Coordinator
I'll sell my rare treasures for $20 shipped with gift paypal if you don't mind me watching it once before I mail it. It's currently unopened.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Wow Steve, you look eligible for the longest time member least number of posts club

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Steve, is Rare Treasures the new set that was just released with the extra disc of shorts and features?
I have a friend who loves Stooges and i might take you up on this if it is.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ok thats even better since he already has the rest of that set/
Alright then, keep me in mind then as I'm interested for my buddy and I my Want to see this new stuff too.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Steve Satch said:
I'll sell my rare treasures for $20 shipped with gift paypal if you don't mind me watching it once before I mail it. It's currently unopened.
Just in case anyone was wondering I took him up on this and offered an extra $5 for the box and I received them from Mr. Satch today. I figured I'd save him from a barrage of PMs by letting everyone know.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Wow ok, we'll good for you Bill. I posted immediately to the topic but I guess that wasn't the right way to say I was interested, oh well.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Essanay Paul said:
a1de66a8_51QXXaUegwL._SL500_AA300_.jpeg

Here is a link to BUY THE BONUS DISCS SEPARATELY:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00895CC90/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk

The Three Stooges - Rare Treasures from the Columbia Vault (1938)

Price: $44.97 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping

At the $44.97 price being charged on Amazon.com I will go for the same priced Best Buy complete set sale and just trade in the duplicate discs at my local used DVD store!
Hi Paul!

Just a F.Y.I: Being in Canada, this link currently takes me to the Canadian Amazon site, where the above is currently priced at $54.71 used! :P

For me, the above highlights just how fortunate I was to be able to purchase the entire 20 DVD Ultimate Collection for under $32 Canadian (Shipping & Taxes included!), in January of last year!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
There's one important detail that's worthy of note. Starting with the 2013 pressings, Volume 7 no longer contains the 3D versions of SPOOKS! and PARDON, MY BACKFIRE, but only the 2D versions!

I plan to keep my individual Volume 7 Set that I had previously purchased. Big thanks to Paul Mular for posting that update on his Amazon Review for THE THREE STOOGES: THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1G31C6QWUZ87A/ref=cm_cr_rev_detup_redir?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B006WN5W5M&cdForum=FxUIR0EOOKPYZA&cdPage=14&cdThread=Tx2WOA937ZPPVM0&newContentID=Mx1S8TDNSVXJT7O&store=movies-tv#Mx1S8TDNSVXJT7O

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks