What's new

Pre-Order The Three Stooges Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (3 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81qIbWLQTAL._SL1500_.jpg

BOX SET CONTENT:
  • Limited edition 20-disc Blu-ray gift set includes 100 treasured Stooges shorts, celebrating 100 years of Columbia Pictures!
  • The set also includes over 20 additional shorts with Shemp Howard, Joe Besser and Joe DeRita, plus cartoons and The Three Stooges Scrapbook!
  • Includes 8 full-length features in high definition:
    • Time Out For Rhythm, Rockin' in the Rockies
    • Have Rocket – Will Travel
    • The Three Stooges Meet Hercules
    • The Three Stooges in Orbit
    • The Three Stooges Go Around the World in a Daze
    • The Outlaws Is Coming
    • The Three Stooges (2000)
  • Gift set packaging features button-activated sound chip with classic Stooges noises

July 23, 2024

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
It'll be nice to {FINALLY] see the Stooges shorts on the Blu-Ray format along with their movies and such, but it's a shame it won't be the entire series of shorts of the Stooges or any of the Shemp and Joe Besser and DeRita solo shorts as well, which would really have made this set extraordinary to say the least.

If I remember correctly, they made 190 total shorts amongst the three separate groups of Stooges as a whole and the narrative is stating it'll be about 100 of them to be included on Blu-Ray set and curious to know which will actually be included in this set?

I'm really hoping they can make this a true Blu-Ray Collectors' edition that includes everything associated with the Stooges, at least on the Shorts front, no matter how some of them might have been bad in concept, like most of the Besser shorts.

And don't forget the intended ABC pilot of theirs called "Jerk of All Trades", in hoping that can get cleaned up and properly restored to its fullest extent.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Does this include all of the Curley shorts?
Looks good , pricey, but lots of content. I’ll be ordering.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
It'll be nice to {FINALLY] see the Stooges shorts on the Blu-Ray format along with their movies and such, but it's a shame it won't be the entire series of shorts of the Stooges or any of the Shemp and Joe Besser and DeRita solo shorts as well, which would really have made this set extraordinary to say the least.

Did you miss the second bullet point in the announcement?

The set also includes over 20 additional shorts with Shemp Howard, Joe Besser and Joe DeRita, plus cartoons and The Three Stooges Scrapbook!

Hopefully, if this sells well they'll release a second set with the rest of the shorts.

If I remember correctly, they made 190 total shorts amongst the three separate groups of Stooges as a whole and the narrative is stating it'll be about 100 of them to be included on Blu-Ray set and curious to know which will actually be included in this set?

Yes, there were 190 total Columbia shorts: 97 with Curly, 77 with Shemp, and 16 with Joe Besser.

And this set has all seven of the Columbia feature films with Moe, Larry, and Joe DeRita. The two Mill Creek triple-feature BDs only had six of them (they were missing The Three Stooges in Orbit).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Too Expen$ive $231.00 ? :rolleyes: .... I am only interested in the Curly shorts in HD.
You do realize that's the MSRP without any discounts applied yet? However, if you're only interested in the Curly shorts then it doesn't matter the final sale price because it would be too expensive for you due to your limited interest.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I was hoping Sony would do a Stooges set for their 100th (and 90th anniversary of their tenure at Columbia), so this is a must-have for me. The few shorts that have been included as extras on other releases looked great, so I'm fine with this being a "curated" collection to keep the door open for a second volume with the rest.

Obviously, the best shorts are in the Curly years, but a ton of my favorites are also from the Shemp years and I'd even rank some of the Besser ones among the best they ever did (A Merry Mix-Up is one of my all-time favorites).

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
FINALLY!! Since this is an early press release, the 100 short counts, could be a mistake, and that all 190 will indeed be included. But still a great announcement!

rdf8585

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rdf8585
There are so many questions about this. Big ones.

Is it really just 100 shorts or all 190?

If it's just 100, which 100 are on there?

How were those 100 decided upon?

Will the other 90 ever see a BR release?

Why weren't other related titles like Start Cheering or Captain Hates the Sea included?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
i am not a super Three Stooges fan, but I did buy the DVD set last year. Nice to see a blu ray set. I’ll be monitoring this to see if it’s a complete set.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I'd also like to add another question... are these new remasters or the same as the ones used for the DVDs?
I'm in for it regardless right now because "The Three Stooges In Orbit" is one of my all-time faves. So it's a must-purchase for me just for that in HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Azy
    Recent bookmarks