What's new

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I realized I haven't actually watched this since it came on VHS in the early 80s. Does anyone remember when the MGM classics based on novels were put out in those oversized clamshell cases to make them look like a row of books?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I realized I haven't actually watched this since it came on VHS in the early 80s. Does anyone remember when the MGM classics based on novels were put out in those oversized clamshell cases to make them look like a row of books?
Yep, I owned a bunch of those. They also had a collection of Golden clamshells and also their musicals were in special Musicals Great Musicals (MGM) clamshells. I spent a lot of money on those, too.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
This is a wonderful announcement. But who the hell currently owns the rights to the 1974 Richard Lester version? It so-o needs a decent remaster, as does THE FOUR MUSKETEERS.
I think it's Studio Canal, in Europe anyway. I had the Blu-rays, but they didn't look good, & they could & should look great. Oh well, maybe next year.

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
So much for supporting the Hometheaterforum with the Amazon link. Currently unavailable.

Hope someone posts when it comes back up

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Thanks for nothing bujaki.

Cinema fans who do such things should be burned at the stake like Falconetti.

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Buying this Blu-ray will be my first viewing of this movie so I hope you didn't reveal a major spoiler here.
He did! Film buffs tend to forget not everyone is familiar with the film at hand. Bujaki should have used a spoiler tag but in his eagerness to do yet another joke at June Allyson's expense, I guess it didn't cross his mind.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
This is the dumbest movie MGM ever put out.
Obviously you haven't seen too many MGM movies. You honestly think The Three Musketeers is "dumber" than DIrty Dingus Magee, Doctor You've Got To Be Kidding, Flare Up, Get Yourself A College Girl, The Green Slime, High School Confidential, The Horizontal Lieutenant, Hot Rods To Hell, Ice Follies Of 1939, The Kissing Bandit, Magic Garden Of Stanley Sweetheart, My Brother Talks To Horses, Night Of The Lepus, Out West With The Hardys, The Prodigal, Quick Before It Melts, The Sandpiper, Stay Away Joe, Three Bites Of The Apple, Too Young To Kiss, Torch Song to name but a handful?

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
The torrent of recent titles starting with THE YEARLING and ending with NATIONAL VELVET left very little on my wish list, but this is the first. Right on schedule, WB. Thank you.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Obviously you haven't seen too many MGM movies. You honestly think The Three Musketeers is "dumber" than DIrty Dingus Magee, Doctor You've Got To Be Kidding, Flare Up, Get Yourself A College Girl, The Green Slime, High School Confidential, The Horizontal Lieutenant, Hot Rods To Hell, Ice Follies Of 1939, The Kissing Bandit, Magic Garden Of Stanley Sweetheart, My Brother Talks To Horses, Night Of The Lepus, Out West With The Hardys, The Prodigal, Quick Before It Melts, The Sandpiper, Stay Away Joe, Three Bites Of The Apple, Too Young To Kiss, Torch Song to name but a handful?
Love this! And I've got to add THE FASTEST GUITAR ALIVE.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

How can you include Night of the Lepus on that list? It's one of the great comedies of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks