"The Thing" Game for Xbox....What have people heard?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris_Anders, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Chris_Anders

Chris_Anders Stunt Coordinator

I just saw a preview of the upcoming game for Xbox, "The Thing" based on Carpenters 1984 horror movie on the Xbox Mag demo DVD. Wow! I must say it looks impressive. Looks like it is a 3rd person horror type game. The game picks up in plot where the movie leaves off, and if any of you have ever seen the movie then you should be excited to play this.

what I want to know is, is anybody privy to any interesting or new info regarding this game? Thoughts, comments, suggestions, desires and hopes of what it could end up being like.

2. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

The only thing I've heard about the game is that it's going to incorporate the paranoia aspect of the story in the form of a "trust meter" or something like that, where you have to constantly reassure your buddies, who have varying degrees of nervousness, that you're not The Thing. If they think you're acting suspiciously they'll open fire on you. Sounds like a pretty neat idea. I might get this one even though I don't normally play survival horror games. Hopefully they'll keep Carpenter's movie soundtrack in the game [​IMG]

3. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris

4. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

5. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

I don't know much about the game, but I saw the trailer in the Official Xbox Magazine too. That is how to make a videogame trailer! It looks like it could be a cool & creepy game. Here's hoping...
    -Dan B.