What's new

"The Thing" Game for Xbox....What have people heard? (1 Viewer)

Chris_Anders

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw a preview of the upcoming game for Xbox, "The Thing" based on Carpenters 1984 horror movie on the Xbox Mag demo DVD. Wow! I must say it looks impressive. Looks like it is a 3rd person horror type game. The game picks up in plot where the movie leaves off, and if any of you have ever seen the movie then you should be excited to play this.

what I want to know is, is anybody privy to any interesting or new info regarding this game? Thoughts, comments, suggestions, desires and hopes of what it could end up being like.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
The only thing I've heard about the game is that it's going to incorporate the paranoia aspect of the story in the form of a "trust meter" or something like that, where you have to constantly reassure your buddies, who have varying degrees of nervousness, that you're not The Thing. If they think you're acting suspiciously they'll open fire on you. Sounds like a pretty neat idea. I might get this one even though I don't normally play survival horror games. Hopefully they'll keep Carpenter's movie soundtrack in the game :)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Hopefully they'll keep Carpenter's movie soundtrack in the game
You got that right!
Personally, I've been wishing someone would make a FPS of Escape From New York. Could be VERY cool and, they MUST keep all of Carpenters music in the game.
Guess I'll have to settle for "The Thing" for now.
Great DVD btw. :emoji_thumbsup:

Dan B

Screenwriter
I don't know much about the game, but I saw the trailer in the Official Xbox Magazine too. That is how to make a videogame trailer! It looks like it could be a cool & creepy game. Here's hoping...
-Dan B.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks