What's new

Pre-Order The Thing From Another World (1951) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Glenn Erickson has an interesting side-note concerning the history behind THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD.

There is a kickstarter project related to John W. Campbell's "Who Goes There?." A newly discovered manuscript shows that JWC's story was actually a pared down version of an unfinished novel.

This link gives a history of the find.

And this link goes to the kickstarter. The $1000 goal has already been met with $84,000 raised. Only $7.00 (+$4.00) will get you the ebook.
Thanks for the information. This and the Gary Gygax documentary are two Kickstarter's I'm extremely excited about.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Probably another supply chain issue. I see that Amazon has also delayed the estimated arrival of my 4K UHD Superman: The Movie pre-order until November 9th. I sure hope the powers that be get these replication plant problems resolved soon!

Dee Zee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom
The Thing From Another World still not available again. I’m getting worried. If it goes live again I’m pre-ordering and regret not doing it earlier. One of my most favorite films.

EManT2200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leon
The Thing From Another World still not available again. I’m getting worried. If it goes live again I’m pre-ordering and regret not doing it earlier. One of my most favorite films.

I posted this on another site earlier, so I should post here also. I messaged Warner Archive abit ago and asked why I could not find a site on which I could pre-order The Thing from another World blu-ray. The answer that I received from them is as follows. They told me that the date posted by Amazon was premature, they also referenced replication delays. They told me that they really do not have a release date at this time, but hope to soon. It is definitely coming, just not sure when now. Hope this helps everyone.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Warner Archive releases are not limited editions; even if replication delays prevent everyone from getting their copy on release date, that doesn’t mean that anyone’s lost their chance to get it.

My advice is not to panic - it may take a little extra time for everyone to get a copy, but it’s not a limited edition and it’s not going to go out of print in the foreseeable future.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is there a special UPC or ASIN number for this. I'd love to look at the contents even if £60 is a bit too extreme

Is it an Arrow or Universal release or a release date to research. I'm afraid I'm being dense and coming up empty finding this item at all or maybe I'm just totaly confused over what I'm looking for

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It's being sold on Amazon UK from third party dealers at over 60 pounds. Too expensive for me so I'll have to live with the one disc from the UK without the audio commentary.
The link provided by Mark took me to that version that is over 60 pounds. I ordered a used one for $15 and change, shipped. I’ll let you know what I think when I get it.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the information -- for some reason I couldn't get it to pull up on DVDProfiler by using the name. After the picture in the link I was able to get the UPC and figured out why my Profiler was missing it.

Johnny must have gotten the last Used itme that shipped to US -- none of the 3rd parties I looked at shipped to the US
A couple used copies popped up on Ebay so I took a chance. I'm always up for unique items.

UPC 5050582442960 for anyone else wanting to search

If someone is up for taking a chance, there appears to be a 2015 Italian R2 2 Disc set that lists the commentary. One 3rd Party (Vecosell) appears to ship to the US -- around $25 New. My address was accepted, but there appeared to be only one shipping speed/charge regardless whether you live in Italy or internationally. Good Seller rating so probably not an issue other than shipping speed.
Released by "Sinister Film" which seems to be a legit company though not prone to use the higherst quality cases adn artwork

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0178VH7UY

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The link provided by Mark took me to that version that is over 60 pounds. I ordered a used one for $15 and change, shipped. I’ll let you know what I think when I get it.
Yeah, I don't buy used discs, it's something I never done. I'm leery of buying anything on Ebay too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks