What's new

Pre-Order The Thing From Another World (1951) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Semi rumor and update -- Bluray.com and Facebook combo, but sounds reasonable

George Hargensen
"Just got a reply from WAC in my Facebook account about the "Amazon exclusive" issue I had asked them about a few days back before ordering my own copy. Replication problems caused WAC's all initial stock (so far) to be allotted to Amazon.com. They have an "estimate" date for general release of "The Thing" to other outlets,online sellers,etc, Jan.15,2019, but "subject to change" if problems should arise."

I'll bump this post from above since the preliminary date is approaching, but so far no further updates or information available. Anyone here with any contacts with Warner/WAC to add or modify the availability?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A little later than originally speculated, but it appears this has gone into Wide Release finally -- BBY (17.99), BN (19.50), Deep Discount (19.50) all have active order pages. Bullmoose says OOS, but allows you to place an order at $17.50 (FS at $30 but no sales tax outside Maine still).

BN has a few coupons so as low as $16.63 + tax ($3 shipping for non members or $35 now for FS), Deep Discount (FS $25) no active codes for now.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I finally got my Blu-ray and watched it this afternoon. Marvelous looking. What a treat to see it looking this good. I haven't watched it in a long time, so it was a real pleasure revisiting it. Great filmmaking and endlessly rewatchable.
The Thing might be my most rewatched film and I’m never going to be tired of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks