What's new

THE THIN RED LINE: UK is getting a box set...How about a Five-Star SE in the US? (1 Viewer)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure if they are referring to the theatrical trailer or the teaser trailer. The teaser, I believe, has segments from the Bill Pullman narration which was entirely cut from the film.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I wanted to see Mickey Roukre so much. Also, I believe it was Billy Bob that was to have the narration and Pullman was just a cut character. Plus, Viggo Mortensen had a part as well. It just pains me to think of it. Second me to see the first cut of the film!

Matt_P

Second Unit
Actually, Brody's character, Fife, was originally the lead character of the film. Through the various restructurings, Witt became the lead (even though the film is ultimately an ensemble piece).

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Dammit, I want that 5-6 hour cut so bad. Viggo Mortenson? Adrien Brody? Billy Bob? Mickey Rourke? My goodness! I would kill for a Criterion 2-disc director's cut with commentary.

Nathan

Matt_P

Second Unit
Thanks for the link, Nathan.

We should all compile a list of known differences/cuts between early cuts of the film, and the final version. Might be interesting....

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Love this film, but haven't yet bought the disc. Saw it for $9.99 at Target. How's the transfer?

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Marc:

Smashing, thank you. I'll drop by Target today and pick up TTRL, When Harry Met Sally for my better half, and Treasure Planet for my daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks