What's new

The Texas DIY 2002 event (1 Viewer)

Danny Richie

Stunt Coordinator
If you can make it don't miss the Texas DIY 2002 event. In fact I hope all you Austin guys will make plans to come up. Last years event was a real blast I am sure this years event will be too. And it is only a 5 hour driver up from Austin to Wichita Falls.
It focus mostly on speaker building, and if you have built a pair of speakers bring them along.
We will be doing some speaker comparisons and may also have some cable comparisons too.
Some incredible new tube gear from Dodd Audio will be present and possibly a few other venders showing off some new stuff too.
See our web page for details:
http://www.gr-research.com/diy2002.htm
If you can come, please click the "by registering" link. It will take you to the registration page. Please fill out all the info. This lets me know how many will be there and who is bringing what. The maximum capacity is about 200 people. We will have six different rooms available for active displays too.
Thanks, :)

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Danny,
With the new arrival, I don't think I'll be able to make it, but next time you plan on coming down to Austin, be sure to send me a note and I'll put togther another movie night for you.
BTW: Are you planning on goinf to CES this year? Hank started a new thread to see if some of us would like to get together in Vegas.
Austin does Las Vegas/ January C.E.S.

Danny Richie

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the invite. I will let you know the next time I head that way.

Yes I will be at the next WCES. I try to make it every year. I may be involved with one of my clients that may be exhibiting this year. If so my time may be more limited.

But getting together with a group of you guys there would be fun too.

Let me know if any of you guys have trouble getting in. If I remember correctly it is not an open to the public event. You must be some type of industry related professional to get in, and must be registered and be wearing your identification badge to be allowed into the exhibits.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Danny, I'll try to make the event. I must listen to the Alpha LS's since you've tweaked the crossovers! I have good friends in north Dallas that I could stay with and my daughter is at TCU in Ft. Worth, so I could make a few days trip out of it.

Danny Richie

Stunt Coordinator
The guys from Mirus Audio will be coming up for the event. I hope some more of you Austin guys will make it up too. This is going to be a really good event.

Jonathan DA

Screenwriter
That's right, Mirus will be attending and we're bringing a complete high-end home theater system with us. If you've been pondering upgrading that directview tv to front projection and getting some serious sound to go with it, then this is your chance to get a real feel for it without having to deal with pushy sales people who don't know what they're talking about. We'll be happy to offer our opinions, knowledge, and advice on DIY and commercial video, audio, multi-channel, and acoustical products.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Jonathan Atkins
Director of Operations
Mirus Audio, LLC

Danny Richie

Stunt Coordinator
Okay guys,
For those of you who may be thinking about coming an have not made arrangements yet...
It appears that there is a thespian (young actors or something) convention here in Wichita Falls the same weekend as the Texas DIY 2002 event. Over 1200 high school kids are supposed to be here.
So if you have not made your hotel reservations you might want to do so now.
Also I know of a good handful of guys that are coming that have not registered yet. If you know some of those guys you better pass this on to them.
I called most of the hotels near the location of the DIY event. Here is a run down of the ones that have rooms available.
Best bet is The Trade Winds Motor Hotel. Mark Nash stayed there last year. It is about two blocks from the event site. It is an older hotel but is well kept. They have double rooms available and single rooms available. If you say you are with the DIY speaker building event and mention GR Research the double rooms are only $41.76 a night. I would call soon.
Travelodge has only singles left for Friday and is still good for Saturday. Singles are $40.00 a night.
Super 8 has only singles left for Friday and is still good for Saturday. Doubles are $68.00 a night.
Motel 6 has singles left only and are $41.99 a night.
Econo Lodge has singles for $47.99 each.
E-mail me for a complete list of phone numbers.
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks