What's new

"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" commercial Music question (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Well, this is an odd request. If HTF cannot help me, no one can. Which will be evident as this thread falls of the front page in short notice :)

Long story short, the 2003 release of this horror film (which I have NOT seen yet) had some very interesting commercials. The only one I can find online is a mini-trailer, with the same shots and basically the same music.

That's NOT the one I need.

So, to be brief, I need someone to recognize the ad from my memory AND be able to tell me the music used in it.

Among several ads, it stood out by the very choice of music, which was melodic and haunting, and NOT AT ALL a normal choice for a horror film. I remember it used a chorus, I believe, and swelled (or hit an emotional beat) with the woman saying "My, my, my...that poor, sweet boy" or something to that effect.

I've wanted to find out that music ever since. Any music/horror geniuses able to help me out???

Thanks,
Chuck

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I bet you're taling about the terrific Song to the Siren by the Cocteau Twins. David Lynch used it in Lost Highway.

Great song! And great use of it in the first TCM trailer.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
The 2003 TCM trailer is in my top 5 trailers of all time!
Thanks for music info. Ive always wondered who that was.

Chuck,
I recommend seeing the remake. Its really good. It doesnt compare to the original but its a helluva lot better than TCM 2 or TCM: NG. (Havent seen TCM 3). On the SE DVD the documentary is excellent.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Amen to that! I remember going to see Freddy vs. Jason last year...the TCM trailer was by far better than anything in the movie :)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The music ain't from the trailer. But I'll check out the Cocteau Twins Song of the Siren.

I might even check out the movie in OCT.

Thanks for the help so far. The music was only in a commercial.

Take care,
Chuck

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Are you sure about that? Do you have access to the theatrical trailer for the movie? Song to the Siren is in that trailer...and I remember hearing it on at least one of the TV spots.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
The trailer that I remember being impressed with is the one on the Official Site. You can hear the Cocteau Twins song on the main page as well as the first half of the trailer. What I think Chuck is after is the song (instrumental?) in the second half.

Now, Soundtrack.net suggests two songs in the trailer. The first is the Song to the Siren already mentioned.

The other is a Peter Gabriel song called Signal to Noise, which you can hear a clip of here. It doesn't sound the like the instrumental music that occurs in the latter half of the trailer, but it might be.

Could that be the one?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay. I see what you're talking about now, Chuck. I just went through all of the TV spots on the DVD and I saw the one that you were talking about. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the piece of music is.

...but I still highly recommend Song to the Siren ;)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Matt,
Could you help out the others (who might have the DVD) with where that particular ad is???

I do plan on checking the film (and the song) out.

I did check www.soundtrack.net (A place I was shown after asking my first trailer music question 3 years ago on HTF :) ), but it's neither of those (though they are good).

I tried to find the ad online, but could not.

I appreciate the continued help,
Chuck :D

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

No, it's not that one. It's not played in the theatrical trailer at all.

I'm at work right now, but I'll check to see what specific ad it is when I get home and see if I can find it online.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I have the SE dvd. I will check the TV spots this weekend to see if I recognize the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks