What's new

The Terrornauts (1 Viewer)

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Just seen that Network DVD here in the UK will be releasing this Amicus rarity on September 23rd this year.

Network recently licensed 450 films from the current rights holder, which is Studio Canal. They seem to have taken a lot of niche titles that StudioCanal won't release, either themselves or by Optimum which they took over.

One example we have already had is The House In Nightmare Park;this was slated for release as part of Optimum's Frankie Howerd Collection years ago, but got dropped from it at the last minute.

When Optimum announced their release of They Came From Beyond Space some time ago, I wrote to them suggesting an ideal pairing for it would be The Terrornauts. They are both Amucis productions and both originally distributed by Embassy - and were often paired in the cinema. Unfortunately they did not even bother to reply or acknowledge my suggestion.

The Terrornauts is a peculiar little film, not least because one of the leads is played by Charles Hawtrey, best known for his roles in the Carry On films. I saw this years ago on TV and got confused as I thought his presence signified a Carry On style comedy....

JeffT.

Screenwriter
I (still) wish that some stateside distributor would release in either DVD or Blu-ray the Amicus horror film anthology DR. TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORRORS (1965) in North America (fully restored and digitally remastered in high definition anamorphic widescreen enhanced for 16x9 tv screens) which is a decent competently handled all U.K. star screen frightfest omnibus.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD-YsNJrLdQJeff T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks