What's new

The Terror: Infamy (AMC) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 1 thread

The second season of AMC's period horror anthology series premieres tonight at 9/8c.

The year is 1941. The Empire of Japan has just delivered a devastating surprise attack on the U.S. Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor, in the territory of Hawaii. In response, the Roosevelt administration launches a massive internment campaign in the western half of the United States -- in the process stripping Americans of Japanese ancestry of their property and their economic prospects. Inside one camp, a series of bizarre deaths haunts the community of captive Japanese Americans. A young man embarks on a journey to understand and combat the malevolent entity responsible.

The series stars Derek Mio as Chester Nakayama; Kiki Sukezane (Lost in Space) as Yuko, a mysterious woman from Chester’s past; Cristina Rodlo (Miss Bala) as Luz, Chester’s secret girlfriend; Shingo Usami (Unbroken) as Henry Nakayama, Chester’s father; Naoko Mori (Everest) as Asako Nakayama, Chester’s mother; Miki Ishikawa (9-1-1) as Amy, a Nakayama family friend; and renowned actor, producer, author and activist George Takei (Star Trek) as Yamato-san, a community elder and former fishing captain.

The Terror: Infamy is an AMC Studios production produced by Scott Free, Emjag Productions and Entertainment 360. The show is co-created and executive produced by Alexander Woo and Max Borenstein, with Woo also serving as showrunner. Ridley Scott, David W. Zucker, Alexandra Milchan, Scott Lambert, Guymon Casady and Jordan Sheehan also serve as executive producers.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Are any of the people involved with the second season also involved with the first? The first season had a popular novel to work with. Is Infamy based on a novel?

Thanks for posting this, I did not know about this.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I loved the early episodes of season one, but thought it kind of flagged just a bit as the season wound down to its conclusion. I'll be giving season two a try and while I know very little, if anything, about the cultural elements that will inform season two's narrative I do hope that it maintains some degree of verisimilitude.

Of course, I won't be in a position to properly assess that concern, so it is more of a wish vs. a guideline for my enjoyment of season two.

- Walter.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I've recorded (to watch later zooming past commercials) and am onboard. I like the dichotomy of what the real "terror" is in this situation... the ghost... or the unjustified internment of Americans who look like the enemy.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I loved the first season and thought it was actually better than the book. The second season premiere was great, and I think we can expect the same high quality television for the duration. I know very little about this chapter in history and will be looking forward to Monday nights for the next couple months.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I've been enjoying this, though probably not as much as season 1. The injustice of the internment of Americans during this period has been painful to watch and so I judge this a success on those merits. The ghost story is good...so far. I am both entranced and repulsed by Yuko....

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I never started. I have 7 episodes sitting in my DVR queue. It just didn't strike me as compelling viewing this time around for some reason. Maybe the "C" ratings on AV Club.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The first season is a very hard act to follow, and IMO an additional handicap is that, from what I've read, Season 2 has nothing at all to do with Season 1.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The first season is a very hard act to follow, and IMO an additional handicap is that, from what I've read, Season 2 has nothing at all to do with Season 1.
Think of it as an anthology series with a different story and cast every season.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Three episodes left of the season and things are really heating up. It’s a slow paced show for sure, but I remember the first season being similarly paced. If anyone is on the fence with the episodes sitting on their DVR, I’d highly recommend giving it a try.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Think of it as an anthology series with a different story and cast every season.
Which is kind of bizarre, as the first season was specifically based on a novel from which it took its title. Not sure why they decided to try and stretch it into some sort of anthology.

Doubt it sees a third season. The last several episodes have a 0.1 rating with less than 400k viewers (half or less than the first season's average).

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Which is kind of bizarre, as the first season was specifically based on a novel from which it took its title. Not sure why they decided to try and stretch it into some sort of anthology.

Doubt it sees a third season. The last several episodes have a 0.1 rating with less than 400k viewers (half or less than the first season's average).
Seems to me, the only difference between this and American Horror Story is that AHS was planned as a seasonal anthology from the start and they use the same cast. The Terror, as far as I know, was created as a limited series. It was so successful they tried to catch lightening in a bottle again, with a different cast. They had a best selling novel for the first, I don’t know what the source material is for the second season.

I don’t think it’s a weird idea though. I haven’t watched it yet, so I’ll reserve judgement on the quality.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I think I remember them talking anthology years ago before season one really got going. It took so long for AMC to get around to actually producing the series I thought it might not ever get made.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Which is kind of bizarre, as the first season was specifically based on a novel from which it took its title.
Yeah, kind of funny since the title is what it is because it’s the actual name of the real ship. But there is a double meaning with the mythical monster/spirit thing, which I assume each season would have a new mythical monster/spirit. I for one am hoping for more seasons.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Cool! Didn’t see this coming, especially after such a long time.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Good news. I enjoy this type of series and don’t think there is enough of them.

But I’m most blown away by the realization that it’s been 5 years since the second season. Feels like 2, 3 years max. It’s no joke about time FLYING by as you get older.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks