1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Terror: Infamy (AMC)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Adam Lenhardt, Aug 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Season 1 thread

The second season of AMC's period horror anthology series premieres tonight at 9/8c.

The year is 1941. The Empire of Japan has just delivered a devastating surprise attack on the U.S. Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor, in the territory of Hawaii. In response, the Roosevelt administration launches a massive internment campaign in the western half of the United States -- in the process stripping Americans of Japanese ancestry of their property and their economic prospects. Inside one camp, a series of bizarre deaths haunts the community of captive Japanese Americans. A young man embarks on a journey to understand and combat the malevolent entity responsible.

The series stars Derek Mio as Chester Nakayama; Kiki Sukezane (Lost in Space) as Yuko, a mysterious woman from Chester’s past; Cristina Rodlo (Miss Bala) as Luz, Chester’s secret girlfriend; Shingo Usami (Unbroken) as Henry Nakayama, Chester’s father; Naoko Mori (Everest) as Asako Nakayama, Chester’s mother; Miki Ishikawa (9-1-1) as Amy, a Nakayama family friend; and renowned actor, producer, author and activist George Takei (Star Trek) as Yamato-san, a community elder and former fishing captain.

The Terror: Infamy is an AMC Studios production produced by Scott Free, Emjag Productions and Entertainment 360. The show is co-created and executive produced by Alexander Woo and Max Borenstein, with Woo also serving as showrunner. Ridley Scott, David W. Zucker, Alexandra Milchan, Scott Lambert, Guymon Casady and Jordan Sheehan also serve as executive producers.

Johnny Angell likes this.
  2. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Are any of the people involved with the second season also involved with the first? The first season had a popular novel to work with. Is Infamy based on a novel?

Thanks for posting this, I did not know about this.

3. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Lead Actor

I loved the early episodes of season one, but thought it kind of flagged just a bit as the season wound down to its conclusion. I'll be giving season two a try and while I know very little, if anything, about the cultural elements that will inform season two's narrative I do hope that it maintains some degree of verisimilitude.

Of course, I won't be in a position to properly assess that concern, so it is more of a wish vs. a guideline for my enjoyment of season two.

- Walter.

4. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    I've recorded (to watch later zooming past commercials) and am onboard. I like the dichotomy of what the real "terror" is in this situation... the ghost... or the unjustified internment of Americans who look like the enemy.

5. Tommy R

Tommy R Supporting Actor

Tommy
    I loved the first season and thought it was actually better than the book. The second season premiere was great, and I think we can expect the same high quality television for the duration. I know very little about this chapter in history and will be looking forward to Monday nights for the next couple months.