What's new

The Terminator: SE 5.1 Audio Track -- Thumbs Down! (1 Viewer)

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor
Thank god the filmmakers didn't share your "wisdom" when they created this disc
There is nothing about "wisedom", it's all about that I want to see the original version of the movie. That means, uncut, in OAR and original soundtrack. If you prefer Star Wars SE-SE-Ultra DVD's, new PC "improved" E.T, etc is up to you. For me, I'm not intrested in filmmakers and/or other people changing an already finished art of work.

/Mattias

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
I hate the new mix for Terminator. Now it's even appearing on television broadcasts of the film! For all it's technical know-how - it is quite involving at times - it has some music cues missing entirely and the replacement or omission of certain sound effects is unforgivable. Normally I embrace such remixes, but I'm so used to watching Terminator with the blood-and-thunder mono track that I simply cannot stand more than a few minutes of the new mix.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I managed to pick up the THX laserdisc for $11.30 shipped and insured on eBay.
I look forward to checking out the mono mix in its best form.:)

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
There is nothing about "wisedom",
[Wisdom]You're right,it is an ideological POV you represent.Many artist don't like to be bound by those,which is why they decide to alter some of their works.Now, you can love or hate those changes but at the end of the day it's not up to you/me what get's released that way,hence my "wisdom" post.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I saw this recently on VOOM in High Definition.

Let's just say that I can't wait for Blu Ray/HD-DVD to get here!

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Who cares? Just buy a 4:3 TV and watch letterbox (non-anamorphic) movies without black bars (top and bottom). I prefer a better image/sound (and correct speed, NTSC) always.
I care. Why would I want to sacrifice 33% resolution with the non-anamorphic version and lose progressive scan capabilities with an HDMI input? If you prefer better image, then you would prefer the anamorphic version as explained because there would be no comparison here. And what do you mean by no black bars at the top? Now, you're really scaring me.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Now I'm confused...
Are you saying...
Black bars are on the SIDES of letterboxed movies when watched on non 4:3 TV's and eliminated on 4:3 TV's?
I really don't follow that at all. :confused:

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Right. But, if you get the anamorphic version for a 16x9 display, do you realize how much better the resolution and picture will be?

In addition, for R1 anyway, there was quite a bit of video clean-up for the SE.

greg_t

Screenwriter
There was video cleanup for the SE but I don't find the actual image quality to be a huge leap up from the laserdisc. I actually much prefer the color on the LD over the dvd.

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor
[Wisdom]You're right,it is an ideological POV you represent.Many artist don't like to be bound by those,which is why they decide to alter some of their works.Now, you can love or hate those changes but at the end of the day it's not up to you/me what get's released that way,hence my "wisdom" post.
So then we could have color on King Kong for example, because if they COULD have made it in color, they would have done int. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks