the terminal...trailer? any real info?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Sam E. Torres, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

this spielberg/hanks/zeta-jones film comes out in june and we are yet to see any trailer or real substantial news other than maybe a few on set pictures. i must admit, even as the hardcore spielberg fan that i am, i am showing concern over this project. the whole thing doesn't sound all too original or even near "spielberg-worthy"...i'm hoping the trailers will prove me wrong at least. does anyone know when we should be expecting any kind of marketing to kick in for this film?

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Wow, I forgot it was coming out so soon. According to someone at the message board at Greg's Previews, the trailer is supposed to come out this month. I haven't seen Catch Me If You Can yet, but how was that original? It was based on a true story, and this was too. This is kind of like Cast Away 2: New York City, but it's not the story that counts, it's how well the story is told. I've had a positive outlook on this from the beginning, and I don't think this is going to disappoint.

3. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

4. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Yeah, I know, but there are just so many movies and so little time. [​IMG]

5. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    I think this story is very interesting and right up Spielberg's alley. As of late, his films, in theme, have grown up considerably and this film fits that mold. Catch Me if You Can was a very good film.

But, I thought this would be a Christmas release. For it to come out in June is fantastic!

6. BrettB

BrettB Producer

Here's a couple of new pics (Kumar [​IMG] ) from empiremovies (scroll down to the bottom)

7. BrettB

BrettB Producer

8. Galen_V

Galen_V Second Unit

They showed a commercial for The Terminal during The Apprentice finale tonight and it looked pretty good. It was mainly clips of Hanks living in the airport, with some short takes of him with Jones. I can only assume that the trailer can't be that far behind now.

9. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Also saw the TV spot. It looks like it could be a nice trailer. It seems to have a distinctive visual look similar to Spielberg's recent films. Don't know too much about Hanks playing an Arab though. He :looks: like Tom Hanks but he just has an accent and maybe he's a little chubbier.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

Pretty much we just see how Hanks is stuck at an airport, makes it his home (he wears a bathrobe through the terminal at some point). Catherine Zeta Jones looks like she plays an employee and she takes an interest in him (probably romantically). Stanley Tucci (her boss? co-worker?)asks her "why(Tom Hank's character's name)?" Looks interesting. My first reaction was will Hanks pull off an Arab and will Spielberg pull off a romantic comedy?

Who knows what the future will bring?

10. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

11. Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister Producer

Spielberg is the last gasp of studio system neo-classicism, mixed with post-modern awareness. The man is a genius. We shall not soon see his like again.

12. Shahbaz Khan

Shahbaz Khan Auditioning

Just a clarification:

Tom Hanks' character is not an Arab. He is from an Eastern European country (I think the character's name is Victor something).

13. BrettB

BrettB Producer

Viktor Navorski from the the Republic of Krycosia (my apologies to any Krycosians out there if my spelling is off [​IMG] )

The movie is inspired by the true story of Sir Alfred, an Iranian, who ended up stuck in the Charles de Gaulle airport in France.

14. ToddP

ToddP Stunt Coordinator

I really like the look of this one...I enjoyed that teaser. And let's face it, you can't do much better than Hanks and Spielberg.

15. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer

16. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

17. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Oh. Sorry about that. I thought I read it somewhere on some plot summary.

18. WillG

WillG Producer

Ok, I can't keep silent anymore. Me and my Girlfriend watched the trailer during "The Apprentice" My girlfriend made a huge groan at the trailer. I can't say I disagree. I'm sure the film will be very good, but am I one of the the people who still wishes that Spielberg will do a film that is reminiscent of his early career one day? Also the "Leaving on a Jet Plane" through the trailer seemed a bit schmaltzy to me.

19. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    I thought the trailer was perfect, and this looks like a winner to me. I'm perfectly happy with Spielberg doing as he likes and growing as an artist. In my mind there's no reason to ask anyone to only repeat earlier successes, and I'd take A.I. Schindler's List and Empire of the Sun over E.T. Raiders and Jaws anyways. [​IMG]

Adam

20. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

thought you guys might enjoy this picture from entertainment weekly...kumar and spielberg!

[​IMG]